The public cloud payments imperative
Analyst firm 451 Research interviewed 800 enterprise-size businesses and found enterprises that use a public cloud infrastructure for payments see improvements in security, scalability, uptime and innovation.
75% of respondents say that downtime costs their business at least $1,000 per minute
451 Research’s analysis found that when businesses are considering a payments vendor they should prioritize cloud utilization, working with a full-stack platform, engineering prowess and the ability to elevate payments into a strategic advantage.
Top 2019 enterprise payments challenges
Enterprises face a wide variety of payments challenges. Here are the top challenges from the 800 global businesses surveyed:
- Improving security / PCI compliance
- Integrating new, alternative payment options
- Decreasing fraud / chargebacks
- Increasing uptime / reliability
- Increasing acceptance of international local payment options
- Effectively managing payouts (in addition to pay-ins)
“There are four critical attributes enterprises should look for in their payments provider: security, scalability, innovation and uptime. We believe that public cloud provides the strongest underlying infrastructure to support these attributes.”