Checkout creates a secure, Stripe-hosted payment page that lets you collect payments with just a few lines of code. It works across devices and is designed to increase your conversion.
Checkout’s default features support many payments needs:
- Payment methods: Credit cards, debit cards, and Apple Pay
- Payment types: One-time and recurring payments
- Payment authentication: Dynamic 3D Secure3D Secure provides an additional layer of authentication for credit card transactions that protects merchants from liability for fraudulent card payments. During a transaction that incorporates the 3D Secure authorization process, the customer is prompted to supply a separate password or code to validate their purchase. (ready for Strong Customer AuthenticationStrong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a regulatory requirement in effect as of September 14, 2019, that impacts many European online payments. It requires customers to use two-factor authentication like 3D Secure to verify their purchase.)
- Localization: Localized for 14 languages
- Email receipts: Automatic email receipts to your customers
You can try out Checkout now by clicking the Preview Checkout button below. This sample integration is running in test mode, which means that it won’t create a real charge.
Use one of Stripe’s test card numbers with any three-digit CVC code and an expiration date in the future:
- Default U.S. card:
4242 4242 4242 4242
- 3D Secure authentication required:
4000 0000 0000 3220
Choosing your integration
- Add product SKUsSKUs (Stock Keeping Units) represent a specific Product variation, taking into account any combination of attributes and cost (for instance, size, color, currency, cost). through the Dashboard
Client and Server Integration
- Dynamically define product amounts rather than relying on predefined SKUs
If you need more control over the look and feel, you can build a custom checkout experience with Stripe Elements instead of using Checkout.
We plan to add more features to Stripe Checkout in the coming months. Add your email below to receive Checkout updates.
Sign up for Checkout updates
Provide your email to receive updates on new features and support for more use cases.
Check your inbox to confirm your email address.
Or let us know how you would like to use Checkout.
Read our payments guides to get started with Checkout.
Was this page helpful?