Checkout creates a secure, Stripe-hosted payment page that lets you collect payments with just a few lines of code. It works across devices and is designed to increase your conversion.
Checkout’s default features support many payments needs:
- Payment methods: Credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, FPX and iDEAL
- Payment types: One-time and recurring payments
- Payment authentication: Dynamic 3D Secure3D Secure provides an additional layer of authentication for credit card transactions that protects merchants from liability for fraudulent card payments. (ready for Strong Customer AuthenticationStrong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a regulatory requirement in effect as of September 14, 2019, that impacts many European online payments. It requires customers to use two-factor authentication like 3D Secure to verify their purchase.)
- Localization: Localized for 14 languages
- Shipping: Collect customer addresses from 200+ countries
- Email receipts: Automatic email receipts to your customers
To host the checkout flow yourself, use Stripe Elements to build a checkout form instead.
You can try out Checkout now by clicking the Preview Checkout button below. This sample integration is running in test mode, which means that it won’t create a real charge.
Use one of Stripe’s test card numbers with any three-digit CVC code and an expiration date in the future:
- Default U.S. card:
4242 4242 4242 4242
- 3D Secure authentication required:
4000 0000 0000 3220
To get started with Checkout, choose the type of payment your business accepts:
If you need more control over look and feel, you can build a custom payments experience with Stripe Elements instead of using Checkout.
We’re continuously adding new features to Checkout. Add your email below to receive Checkout updates.
Thank you! We’ll be in touch soon.
Or let us know how you would like to use Checkout.
Was this page helpful?