Start accepting payments with just a few lines of code. Checkout is a smart payment page that works seamlessly across devices and is designed to increase your conversion.
Checkout includes support for:
- Payment methods:
- credit and debit cards
- Apple Pay (with no additional setup required)
- Payment types: one-time and recurring payments
- Payment authentication: Dynamic 3D Secure3D Secure provides an additional layer of authentication for credit card transactions that protects merchants from liability for fraudulent card payments. During a transaction that incorporates the 3D Secure authorization process, the customer is prompted to supply a separate password or code to validate their purchase. (ready for Strong Customer AuthenticationStrong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a new regulatory requirement coming into effect on September 14, 2019 which will impact many European online payments. It requires customers to use two-factor authentication like 3D Secure to verify their purchase.)
- Localization: localized for 14 languages
- Email receipts: automatically send email receipts to your customers
See how it works
You can try out Checkout now by clicking the Preview Checkout button below. This sample integration is running in test mode, which means that it won’t create a real charge.
Use one of Stripe’s test card numbers with any three-digit CVC code and an expiration date in the future to try it out:
- Default U.S. card:
4242 4242 4242 4242
- 3D Secure authentication required:
4000 0000 0000 3220
Choose your integration path
There are two ways to integrate with the new version of Checkout. Both integrations support core features, with minor differences. Review the information below to determine which one works best for your business.
- Add products and plans in the Dashboard, then integrate with a client-side snippet
- Cannot associate payments with existing CustomersStripe Customer objects allow you to perform recurring charges, and to track multiple charges, that are associated with the same customer.
- Cannot use separate authorization and capture for card payments
- No ConnectConnect is Stripe’s solution for any business that needs to process payments and pay out to sellers and service providers. support
- Pass in one-time payment information or subscription data from your server
- Can associate payments with existing Customers
- Can use separate authorization and capture for card payments
- Works with Connect
By default, Checkout detects the locale of the customer’s browser and displays a translated version of the page in their language, if it is supported. You can also provide a specific locale for Checkout to use instead via the client and server integrations. Checkout also uses the locale to format numbers and currencies. For example, when selling a product whose price is set in EUR with the locale set to auto, a browser configured to use English (en) would see €25.00 while one configured for German (de) would see 25,00 €.
We plan to add more features to Stripe Checkout in the coming months. Add your email below to receive Checkout updates.
Sign up for Checkout updates
We’ll continue to add new features and use cases to Checkout. Share your email so Stripe can send you product updates.
Check your inbox to confirm your email address.
Or let us know how you would like to use Checkout.
Was this page helpful?