Stripe Connect provides a powerful API and other tools you need to accept payments, as well as onboard, verify, and pay sellers and service providers. You can tailor your integration in various ways, including:
- Specifying how money moves from the customer to you, and ultimately to your platform’s sellers or service providers
- Collecting fees for your service
- Assigning payout schedules and payout methods
- Supporting different types of Stripe accounts
Connect use cases
Connect is a flexible combination of features designed to support a wide range of use cases:
- Crowdfunding services, like Kickstarter and Ulule
- E-commerce platforms, like Shopify and Squarespace
- Marketplaces, like OfferUp and Catawiki
- On-demand services, like Lyft and Glovo
- Invoicing solutions, like Xero
- Booking platforms, like OpenTable
- Travel and event providers, like Tito Travel and Musement
- Extensions on Stripe, like Segment and Avalara
You can also use Connect just for the payouts portion of your business via Connect Payouts. With Connect Payouts, you have access to the same funds routing, recipient UIs, verification, and compliance capabilities included in Stripe Connect.
Follow the steps below to get started. If you’re based in the U.S., Stripe will provide some guidance on capabilities and account types after you complete the first step.
- In the Stripe Dashboard, click Get started to start the process for activating your account and registering your platform.
- Determine the capabilities your connected accounts need.
- Determine the account types to support.
- Decide how you want to create charges.
After making these decisions you can start building your integration. The Connect Quickstart is a good place to get started.
Connect is available for platforms in any country Stripe supports.
Custom accounts and Express accounts are supported only for platforms located in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
Read on to get started with Connect!
Was this page helpful?