You might use Connect if you:
- Are building a platform that enables e-commerce, as Squarespace or Shopify do.
- Need to easily accept payments and pay out your service providers, like Lyft with its drivers or Handy with its independent professionals. (You can even create Stripe accounts for your users, so they only ever interact with your platform.)
- Want to tap into your users’ data to provide analytics or any other business insights. Baremetrics is a good example of a service that does this.
In general, if you’re building a platform or marketplace that needs to pay third-parties or building applications that help Stripe users do more with their account or their data, Connect is likely the right solution for you.
If you know what type of platform you’d like to build, we’ve written up some sample recipes for specific types of platforms:
- On-demand apps: building an app like Lyft or Handy.
- Store builders: allowing other people to sell on your platform, like Squarespace or Bigcommerce.
Even if you’re not striving for one of those exactly, these examples should help you figure out how you’d implement yours.
- Register your platform on your Dashboard. (You only need to do this once.)
- Create or connect to accounts for your users, for example sellers or service providers.
The entire flow works the same regardless of whether your platform’s users already have Stripe accounts, need to create one, or you want the platform to create the Stripe account on their behalf.
Read on to get started with your Connect integration.