- Stripe powers fast and reliable payments acceptance and disbursement for GoFundMe
- Stripe’s global reach will help fundraiser organizers efficiently receive donations from GoFundMe’s community
- Stripe’s enterprise-grade fraud prevention technology ensures highest trust and safety standards for GoFundMe
SAN FRANCISCO—Today, Stripe announced that fundraising platform GoFundMe has deployed its technology to ensure those in need are able to receive donations from those able to support quickly and efficiently. Working with Stripe further simplifies the fundraising experience on GoFundMe by helping to power a smooth donation experience, the swift withdrawal of donations by fundraiser organizers, and advanced trust and safety operations.
The economic and social upheaval of the last 12 months has driven an extraordinary amount of need and generosity on the GoFundMe platform. GoFundMe recently announced more than $10 billion has been raised from over 150 million donations for people, causes, and organizations worldwide.
Stripe powers rapid and effective fundraising on GoFundMe, critical in times of need
To help GoFundMe provide relief where it is needed, Stripe is powering a seamless onboarding flow, a donation experience optimized for conversion, and a way to deploy funds fast:
- Stripe Connect streamlines the payment onboarding process for new fundraisers on GoFundMe. It handles verifications, automates payouts, and reduces the operational burden of managing money movement from donors to fundraisers.
- Stripe optimizes the experience on GoFundMe by handling the safe collection and holding of donations made to individual fundraisers and to those started by and for charities.
“Central to how GoFundMe delivers an unparalleled fundraising experience for our global community is the safe and fast processing of donations,” said Daniel Cox, Director of Product Management at GoFundMe. “Partnering with Stripe allows us to make giving even more seamless and ensure that donations from those who are able to support quickly get into the hands of those in need.”
Stripe’s international reach is a match for GoFundMe’s global scale and vision
Now, when a GoFundMe is set up in the U.S or Canada, Stripe automates the money movement between donors and the beneficiary of that fundraiser. Stripe’s infrastructure and global reach will help pave the way as GoFundMe looks to expand and introduce its fundraising platform to new countries.
“GoFundMe has a global community whose generosity transcends country borders,” Jeanne DeWitt Grosser at Stripe commented. “We’re excited to help GoFundMe unlock even more giving across the world by making it easier to donate from anywhere and for people in need to receive donations reliably and with speed.”
Stripe’s enterprise-grade fraud prevention technology supports best-in-class trust and safety standards for GoFundMe
To support its own sophisticated trust and safety operations at scale, GoFundMe is using Radar for Fraud Teams, Stripe’s machine learning-powered fraud tooling for enterprise teams. Trust and safety professionals at GoFundMe can use Radar to optimize for faster and more accurate reviews, build custom rules with real-time feedback, set custom risk thresholds, and access rich analytics on fraud performance.