Staff Engineer, Cloud Security
The Cloud Security team defines security primitives and guardrails to allow our colleagues to quickly and confidently build for Stripe’s users. Our scope includes cloud security architecture, data-driven definition of security baselines, centralized controls, and strategic direction of security efforts for our cloud environment.
Stripe is still in the early stages of its mission to increase the GDP of the internet, so we are investing in solid foundations. We’re looking for an experienced staff engineer who is excited to design, build, learn, teach, and lead colleagues in a forward-looking way that shows our users all over the world why we deserve their trust when handling their most sensitive data.
As a Staff Engineer on Cloud Security, you will:
- Use data to determine appropriate baselines against which to measure security
- Build centralized security controls for a fast-changing cloud environment
- Define infrastructure that reliably feeds signals to threat teams
- Align Stripe’s strategy with an evolving landscape of third-party tools and practices
- Partner with infrastructure teams to build and execute roadmaps aligned with security strategy
- Help craft Stripe’s cloud security strategy in close collaboration with security leadership and partner teams; build bridges between current and future realities
- Evaluate and prototype new security tools and practices
- Exhibit steady leadership in novel circumstances
- Mentor future technical leaders
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Deep experience with security on AWS or other cloud providers
- Empathy, strong communication skills and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- A tendency to earn trust and inspire others to join your teams and projects
- The ability to drive clear next steps when encountering ambiguous spaces without clear lines of ownership
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
- Software engineering experience in a high-stakes production environment
- A knack for considering how systems can fail and how to fix them
- An ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.