Manager, Product Operations
Stripe is a technology company that builds ecommerce infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes, new startups to larger companies like Yelp and Facebook use our software to accept payments and scale their businesses.
In Product Ops, we’re building the connective tissue between product/engineering and user facing teams around the world - like sales, account management, and user support. Our ultimate goal is to help Stripe deliver more value to more users, faster and more consistently.
As a manager in Product Ops, you will lead a high performing team of Product Operations Managers, who focus on encapsulating the voice of the user by synthesizing feedback from many sources, and ushering in novel processes to operationalize products, run experiments and drive adoption. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals. In this role you will align with Product and Engineering leaders to properly meet the operational needs of their products and businesses.
- Guide the team to deliver on the goals of the product/eng teams you support, as well as org-wide Product Ops initiatives that impact many teams beyond your area.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance.
- Maintain metrics and analysis of team performance, and provide regular reporting on team performance in the form of written analysis and performance reports.
- Transmit and foster our team and company values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy.
- Be responsible for making necessary trade-offs when it comes to prioritization and resource allocation.
- Help build the broader Product Ops organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Skill and credibility doing product operations work (or something very comparable), and a willingness to lead by example.
- 2+ years of people management experience (preferably in high-growth technology companies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.