Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer, ML Platform
The Machine Learning Platform team does this by designing and engineering the underlying infrastructure that powers experimentation, training and serving for Stripe’s key machine learning systems. Our flagship products include Railyard and Diorama. Railyard provides an expressive and powerful interface for model training at scale. Diorama enables model serving in real-time with strong reliability and latency guarantees. We work closely with ML engineers, data scientists, and platform infrastructure teams to build the powerful, flexible, and user-friendly systems that substantially increase ML velocity across the company.
You will work on:
- Building powerful, flexible, and user-friendly infrastructure that powers all of ML at Stripe
- Designing and building fast, reliable services for ML model training and serving, and distributing that infrastructure across multiple regions
- Creating services and libraries that enable ML engineers at Stripe to seamlessly transition from experimentation to production across Stripe’s systems
- Pairing with product teams and ML modeling engineers to develop easy to use infrastructure for production ML models
We are looking for:
- A strong engineering background and experience with data infrastructure and/or distributed systems
- Experience optimizing the end-to-end performance of distributed systems
- Experience developing and maintaining distributed systems built with open source tools
- Experience with or strong interest in developing ML models
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Scala and Python
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with creating developer tools
- Experience with model training and serving in production and at scale
- Experience in writing and debugging ETL jobs using a distributed data framework (such as Spark, Kafka, or Flink)
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.