Head of Developer Marketing
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs power hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, results-oriented Developer Marketing Leader to join our Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Product Marketing. The Developer Marketing team’s mission is to create an outstanding Stripe experience for developers, engaging them in the communities where they live and supporting them with the right resources and programs as they learn about Stripe and engage with our technical platform. The Developer Marketing Lead will lead the marketing strategy and execution of how Stripe markets to new developers, how we engage and nurture existing developers within our user base, and how we communicate the value of Stripe’s platform and APIs to the industry. As an early member and leader of the Developer Marketing team, this is a great opportunity for a builder who wants to have an outsized impact on the business.
At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
- Define and execute the strategy, content, assets, and marketing plans to communicate the benefits of Stripe’s developer offering to existing and prospective developers, including defining developer program messaging and delivering that messaging across multiple channels including web pages, social media, email, events, and community
- Define and deliver a programmatic approach to engage and nurture existing developers across their journey as a Stripe user, across multiple touch points such as newsletters, communities, webinars, and events
- Team closely with Developer Relations to help drive Community initiatives such as onboarding journeys, developer to developer engagement, and amplifying use cases
- Work in close partnership with the product marketing, developer relations, and product teams to identify compelling Stripe news, launches, or updates that are relevant to developer and define and execute the strategy to communicate this information to the developer audience
- Work closely with the Communications team to communicate the value of Stripe’s developer offering
- Partner with regional marketing stakeholders to understand local needs, align on priorities, and deliver global marketing programs to the developer audience
- Define programmatic and scalable approaches to continually collect feedback from developers to measure their satisfaction, and to ensure we are providing the right content through the right programs and channels to increase the quality of our developers’ experience with Stripe
- Define the key success metrics for our developer marketing initiatives and drive data-driven prioritization decisions
- Be a strategic thinker, problem solver, and communicator who is focused on building meaningful and impactful long-term relationships with developers
We’re looking for someone with:
- 15+ years of general B2B marketing experience or equivalent with 6+ years of developer marketing experience in the B2B technology space.
- Proven track record defining and executing global developer marketing programs that drive key outcomes such as new developer recruitment, developer engagement, and developer satisfaction
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of the developer audience across a range of companies, from startup to enterprise as well as consulting/integration providers
- Experience developing messaging and writing compelling copy
- Track record of creating engaging digital, community and event communications and experiences
- Evidence of building marketing programs from the ground up, continuously iterating, and designing for scale
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams, and champion new concepts and ideas
You also likely have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accompanied by the ability to present insights and actions to leadership.
- Proven capability in building and refining programs and processes to drive efficiency and scale
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a fast-paced environment
- Superb organization and project management skills and the capacity to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Proven leadership capability and effectiveness working collaboratively and cross functionally
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to craft actionable insights from complex data
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.