Integration Engineer - Melbourne
Design cutting-edge payment solutions, solve complex integration challenges, and provide technical expertise for Stripe’s most strategic customers
Integration Engineers are experienced engineers with a strong background developing advanced payments solutions, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value. They are responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our largest and most complex users while they are considering, designing and building with Stripe, ensuring high-quality integrations while driving product adoption and accelerating time-to-live. Within Stripe, Integration Engineers use first-hand customer knowledge to advocate for them and impact our product strategy, working with all parts of Stripe to ensure our offerings continue to satisfy our extremely diverse customers — from the fastest growing technology-driven startups, to more traditional enterprises building complex payment systems.
- Become an expert on Stripe’s APIs and how to best deploy them.
- Own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds — from engineer to CTO — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Interface directly with our largest users’ technical teams, serving as their primary technical point of contact during integration
- Work hand-in-hand with Stripe’s Sales and Account Management organization to develop proof of concept applications, present technical demonstrations, and help Stripe customers achieve their business outcomes.
- Create technical content (sample code, demos, etc.) to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices.
- Work with Stripe product teams to address customer feedback and improve our product, or if necessary, getting your hands dirty and building solutions yourself.
You should be:
- A great verbal and written communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A capable engineer, with a strong technical generalist background and experience building web or mobile applications.
- Experienced in full stack development and software architecture patterns, able to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other.
- Comfortable with code-level debugging.
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking.
- Experienced working across the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer-facing environment.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience integrating Stripe or other RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Has a background working in a similar customer-facing role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer).
- Excels at generating excitement around what Stripe is building within our prospects and users.
- Thrives in a cross-functional, collaborative environment.
- Empathizes with users of all experience levels and see through their questions to quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- Be able to travel up to 20% of the time for customer onsite sessions and quarterly team off-sites.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.