Full Stack Engineer, Collaboration
Building the collaboration tools powering Stripes
As an engineer on Stripe’s Collaboration team, you will be a key member of a team that acts as a force multiplier on the corporate technology that Stripe uses. You will design and build integrations to third-party software and create seamless workflows across these tools to unleash their full potential to the rest of Stripe. The Collaboration team helps Stripes work smarter, find information and share knowledge, get to know each other, and request and receive help from one another. Many of our solutions come together in Stripe Home, our custom-built intranet (read more about it here: https://stripe.com/blog/stripe-home). The team is small and nimble, and works across a wide stack: on any given day, we discuss user interface design, data models, API design, infrastructure maintenance, or all of the above. We’re excited to innovate in a space that traditionally isn’t thought of in the forefront of innovation.
Being a small team, we carefully choose what we work on to have the highest leverage. This is not always easy: we work very cross-functionally, at times partnering with various groups from engineering to HR to top management of the company, and often need to quickly react to changing business needs to facilitate rapid growth of the company. But one of our greatest rewards is getting to sit next to and see the impact our work has on our users: our fellow Stripe employees.
- Work with a small team of technically sophisticated engineers who put users first
- Own solutions from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from success metrics, to the ergonomics of individual API’s
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness
- Uphold Stripe’s high standards for engineering and product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 4+ years of industry experience
- You have industry experience building rich web experiences using modern frameworks such as React, Vue, etc.
- You enjoy working across a full stack, from user experience, to API design, to reliability
- You have a passion for enabling people to do their best work
- You have a healthy respect for corporate software, understanding where it shines and where it could be improved
- You never lose sight of the end-user, and enjoy the quick feedback loops made possible by working (sometimes literally) next to your users
- You enjoy working together with your team toward common goals, but are able to drive your work forward autonomously
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.