Engineering Manager, Product and Partner Platform
Product and Partner Platform builds the systems that support Stripe’s API, Dashboard, Design Systems, Developer Tooling, Documentation, Tooling, Partner Onboarding, and more. Like Stripe, we’re scaling in every dimension, and we are adding product and engineering roles across all of our teams. But more importantly than just scaling, our team is responsible for being the taste makers of Stripe’s developer and user experiences. We’re looking for people passionate about distilling complexity across a breadth of problems, and while it’s often written as a cliche, we mean it when we say we’re out to lead the industry with what we do.
We’re looking for engineering managers to lead and grow a strong team of engineers, build relationships with customers internally and externally, and champion our vision of building the best platform for internet commerce. Product and Partner Platform is a unique environment where you’ll be working across all of Stripe’s products, and truly steering the future of Stripe’s APIs, Developer, and User Experiences, and working with world class engineers.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions that impact all of Stripe and Stripe customers
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch first versions of new products
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Drive Operational Excellence across your team’s services
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You’ve built diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems and:
- Have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of overall software development experience
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field initiatives
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
Projects your team may work on:
- Building the future of the Stripe API
- Redesigning the Stripe Dashboard to support new products, services and customer insights
- Rebuilding Stripe’s Partner Experience to support new lines of business and geographies
- Building a new database service that expands the integration possibilities for Stripe customers
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.