Engineering Manager, Connect
Connect builds infrastructure for the world’s leading platforms and marketplaces to incorporate payments into their products. Connect has been at the forefront of Stripe’s growth due to the power of its offering, which enables our users to distribute Stripe’s payment processing directly to their sellers and merchants. As Stripe grows its suite of product offerings beyond payments, Connect will unlock a new phase of growth for Stripe by enabling our platforms to distribute all of Stripe’s products to their end users.
The Hosted Experience Platform team will be critical to this next stage for Connect by helping Stripe product teams like Terminal, Capital, and Issuing deliver their product experiences to our users’ sellers and merchants through Stripe hosted experiences. The team will be responsible for building and maintaining a platform that Stripe product teams adopt to for building their product experiences, from onboarding to managing a card.
- Work with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver a platform that supports all of Stripe’s products
- Partner closely with Stripe product teams to support their specific needs while maintaining a high quality and consistent product across each offering
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit, coach and develop engineers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You’ve managed teams that have built and maintained a UI platform at scale. Or if not, you’ve managed a team that has delivered a great product with strong foundations
- You enjoy working closely with customers, both internally and externally
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions.
- You have at least 2 years of engineering management experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.