Developer Support Engineering Manager
- Attract, recruit and develop the very best talent
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team
- Work cross-functionally across Stripe to develop solutions to meet customer’s requirements
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations
- Define and deliver a comprehensive technical support experience for developers integrating Stripe
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Stripe to influence others in aiming for the best developer experience possible
- Lead change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the global Customer Experience team.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics that ensure the future sustainability and quality of the developer support experiences
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A track record of leading productive user-facing engineering teams
- The ability to attract great teammates
- The ability to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- An understanding of what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- The ability to be clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- The ability to lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- The knowledge of when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about design and integration decisions
- At least a couple of years of user-facing engineering management experience
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.