Build the foundations for understanding Stripe
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The Global team is responsible for building the payment products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments successfully around the world.
Data scientists work closely with the Global APAC team to help understand our users and build better products. We’re looking for a data scientist who can work on a diverse set of problems like determining the core metrics and targets for our products and countries, building predictive models for estimating risk, as well as analyzing product adoption & user onboarding patterns. If you are excited about deriving insights from data and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data
- Apply statistical and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, CS)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with data-distributed tools (Spark, Hadoop, Scalding, etc)
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.