Creative Lead, Advertising
We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) Design team.
Design at Stripe
The Design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand standards to campaigns, events, digital products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
The Brand Design team lays the foundations that help Stripe accelerate. We do this by creating, evolving, and maintaining Stripe’s high-quality, versatile, and forward-looking visual identity design system. We sweat the details. We make it seem effortless.
Our team—and our design efforts—are multipliers for Stripe and Stripes. Our focus on principles, systems, and standards makes it easier for all Stripes to get work done—at a high quality bar, while still creating space for evolution and innovation. Collaborating with other teams at Stripe, as well as select external partners, we raise the quality and consistency of interactions with the Stripe brand.
Creatives at Stripe demonstrate passion for great design and for expanding, evolving, defining, and documenting flexible design systems that achieve bar-raising quality and consistency for the brand and advertising at scale. The ideal candidate excels across a variety of styles, crisply articulates design decisions, iterates quickly, and collaborates seamlessly with marketers, design leaders, other designers, and agency partners.
- Evolve, expand, and maintain the Stripe’s marketing presence in partnership with leadership and others on the Brand Design team
- Lead design direction on all of Stripe’s global campaigns
- Lead break-through brand expressions, campaign systems, and industry leading design
- Collaborate with design leadership, designers, marketers and other cross-functional partners to serve a global audience
- Oversee the work of external teams in creative strategy, execution and production
- Help shape the strategic vision and goals for the team and for what advertising means at Stripe
- Inspire, create and sustain a culture of excellence by mentoring designers and partners in best practices, design process, and ideation
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong strategic acumen for developing integrated campaigns in a fast paced, global facing environment
- Are a systems-thinker and excel at extrapolating and extending shared patterns and behaviors
- Proven excellence in building campaign systems and delivering 360 campaigns
- Strong track record successfully influencing the work of other designers, contractors, and agencies
- Find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, interesting, highly crafted work
- Are persuasive and humble in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you design at your best
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Have excellent organization and presentation skills, and excel in written and verbal communication
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
- Are passionate about Stripe’s mission, are dedicated to a user-first mindset, and have experience working with data & insights
- Have 8+ years of relevant design or art direction experience for technical and product-driven companies and/or agencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, or equivalent professional experience
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.