Backend Engineer, Security Infrastructure
Stripe will succeed at our mission of increasing the GDP of the internet only if we prove ourselves worthy of our users’ trust.
As a Software Engineer on the Security Infrastructure team, your work will be a critical part of accomplishing this mission.
Together, we will build reliable, comprehensible, and observable security into Stripe’s foundations, with the steady support of our leadership team and peers.
- Design, build, and operate the core security infrastructure used by all of Stripe’s engineering teams
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Potential teams include:
- Data Security and Governance: Building the core tooling and infrastructure that allows Stripe to programmatically understand and track all data we store, and the infrastructure that powers access control, encryption, deletion, and anonymization of data
- Secrets & PKI: This team is responsible for our secrets management infrastructure. This team owns our certificate authority, which is responsible for issuing certificates to all Stripe laptops and hosts.
- Secure Endpoint Access: The team which provides secure access to internal resources and has responsibility for our “Zero Trust” infrastructure; owning VPNs, SSH bastions, and HTTPs proxy.
- Cloud Security: The team that defines security primitives and guardrails to allow Stripes to quickly and confidently build for our users in the cloud.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Empathy, strong communication skills and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- The ability to drive clear next steps when encountering ambiguous spaces without clear lines of ownership
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar Software engineering experience in a high-stakes production environment
- A knack for considering how systems can fail and how to fix them
- An ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.