1. Electronic Communications and Signature Disclosure
Stripe, Inc., and affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers (“Stripe”), and Stripe’s bank partners, their affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers (collectively, “us” or “we”) may send users (“you”) certain notices, disclosures, or other communications (“Communications”) regarding products and services (“Services”). By submitting an application or opening an account to use the Services, you agree to this disclosure (“Disclosure”). This Disclosure confirms (i) your consent to receive Communications electronically, and (ii) your consent to the use of electronic signatures. If you choose not to consent to this Disclosure or if you withdraw your consent, you may be unable to use the Services.
2. Communications that May be Provided in Electronic Form
This Disclosure applies to all Communications made to you with respect to the Services. Communications covered by this Disclosure include, but are not limited to:
- Any disclosure statement or agreement governing your use of the Services.
- Any disclosure required by federal, state or local law;
- Billing statements, receipts and account history;
- Letters, notices or alerts regarding the Services and any changes to the Services;
- Federal and state tax statements and documents; and
- Other disclosures, notices or communications in connection with (i) your application for the Services, (ii) your account, (iii) account maintenance, or (iv) servicing and collection of funds.
3. Methods of Providing Communications
We may provide Communications to you (i) by email, (ii) by making them accessible on Stripe’s websites, mobile applications, or mobile websites, and (iii) by making them accessible through hyperlinks provided online and in emails. Communications will be provided online, and you may view them by using email software, browser software, or PDF viewer software. We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you.
4. Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications that we provide to you, you must have:
- An up-to-date device or devices (e.g., computer, tablet, mobile phone, etc.) which has internet access.
- A current, compatible web browser, including Chrome (versions greater than 49), Internet Explorer 11, the last two versions of Firefox, Safari and Edge, or the last two versions of mobile Safari on iOS.
- A valid email account and access to that email account.
- An operating system capable of receiving, accessing and displaying records and Communications from us in electronic form via text-formatted email or access to our website using a supported browser, including any necessary software (e.g., Adobe to read pdf documents).
- If you wish to store or print any Communications, a device capable of storing and printing Communications.
- If you use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes emails from senders not listed in your email address book, you must add relevant Stripe email accounts to your email address book.
5. How to Withdraw Your Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications under this Disclosure by writing to us at “ATTN: Banking and Financial Products Servicing Lead, 510 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94103” or by contacting us via email at email@example.com. You may only contact us by mail or e-mail to withdraw your consent. Your withdrawal of consent will cancel your ability to receive electronic Communications, and may terminate your ability to use the Services. Your withdrawal of consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective after we have had a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
6. Requesting Paper Copies
You may receive paper copies of electronic Communications from us upon request. To request a paper copy of any Communication at no charge, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your writing to us, please specify (i) the Communication you would like to receive in paper form, and (ii) your current mailing address.
7. Updating Contact Information
It is your responsibility to keep your contact information, including your primary email address, current. You can update your primary email address or other contact information by logging into your Stripe dashboard.
8. Federal Law
You acknowledge and agree that the Services are subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-SIGN Act”), and that you intend that the E-SIGN Act apply to validate your ability to engage in transactions related to the Services electronically.