Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe.
To further this important mission, we are building our International Accounting Stripe Delivery Center team and are looking for someone to help us scale for the future in a fast paced environment.
- Perform month end accounting processes to support rapid global growth
- Work in three main pillars financial close and analysis, audit and regulatory compliance and reporting
- Own the Statutory Financial Statement preparation, Audit, review and sign off and adoption of financial statements with the board of directors.
- Work with Local service providers to ensure compliance and filling requirements are met timely and accurately.
- Work with cross functional partners like Tax, Treasury, Accounting and other groups to ensure that financial results of the legal entities remain compliant with US Gaap and Local Gaaps.
- Perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including manual journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support
- Potential to perform month end activities and grow into other task and process to take on further responsibilities
- Be responsible for end to end preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare flux analysis and potential commentary and explanation on movements and trends
- Be responsible for performing transactional based work and streamlining processes
- Be a self starter and seek to standardize and centralize tasks
- Own problems not just processes or projects - we want our specialists to own the full problem space and do what it takes to solve them
- Partner with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop and improve controllership processes and to anticipate changing business requirements
- Scale our financial processes through automation and standardization
We Are Looking For Someone Who Has:
- An accountancy qualification (e.g ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 3 -6 years of relevant accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance background
- Proven experience in the monthly close process, journal preparation and posting, audit, regulatory reporting and exposure to accounting systems.
- Experience in month end reporting and financial statement preparation
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- The ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel.
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- A passion for creating new systems and solving problems via infrastructure and automation
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and with different cultures
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the technology or payments industry
- Oracle suite