Last updated: August 29, 2019
The Stripe Corporate Card is a business charge card issued under the Stripe Corporate Card Program. The Stripe Corporate Card is issued by Celtic Bank ("Issuer"), and the Stripe Corporate Card Program is managed by Stripe. These Authorized User Terms ("Terms") apply to your use of the Stripe Corporate Card.
As used in these Terms, "we", "us" or "our" refers to Stripe and Issuer. Unless otherwise indicated, "you" and "your" refers to the person or persons authorized by an entity that participates in the Stripe Corporate Card Program (the "Program Accountholder") to receive and use a Stripe Corporate Card.
These Terms restate the provisions of the Stripe Corporate Card Program Account Agreement that govern your use of a Stripe Corporate Card. These Terms do not establish a contract or other legal relationship between you and us. The Stripe Corporate Card Program Account Agreement is the legal agreement governing your use of the Stripe Corporate Card, and the Program Accountholder is responsible for your compliance with these Terms. We are providing these terms to you as a convenience to the Program Accountholder.
1. Your Stripe Corporate Card and Stripe Corporate Card Account. Your Stripe Corporate Card is issued and provided by Issuer and is linked to an individual Stripe Corporate Card Account. Your individual Stripe Corporate Card Account is linked to your Program Accountholder's Program Account. Your Charges are billed to the Program Account. You are not directly liable to us for your Charges or other activity on your individual Stripe Corporate Card Account. Your Stripe Corporate Card must be activated prior to use. We will provide activation instructions to you. If you did not receive activation instructions for your Stripe Corporate Card from us, contact your Administrator. We or your Administrator may apply a Card Limit to your Stripe Corporate Card Account. Charges will reduce the Card Limit, and any Charges in excess of the Card Limit may be declined.
2. Using Your Stripe Corporate Card. You may only use your Stripe Corporate Card only for bona fide business purchases on behalf of the Program Accountholder and for valid and lawful purposes. You may not use your Stripe Corporate Card for personal, family or household purposes, or for cash advances or withdrawals. Your Stripe Corporate Card remains the property of the Issuer and must be returned upon request. Issuer may cancel, revoke, repossess or restrict the use of your Stripe Corporate Card at any time. We may decline to authorize or reverse Charges or suspend your Stripe Corporate Card for any reason including violation of these Terms, suspected fraud, or creditworthiness. We also may decline to authorize Charges at merchants characterized by the Card Network or us as prohibited merchants. We are not responsible for losses resulting from declined or reversed Charges. Merchants typically accept all Card Network-branded Cards; however, we are not responsible and will have no liability if a merchant refuses to honor a Card or accept a Transaction.
3. Card Account Holds. When you use a Stripe Corporate Card to initiate a Transaction at hotels, restaurants, gas stations, rental car companies, and certain other merchants where the amount of the final Transaction is unknown at the time of authorization, a hold may be placed on the your Stripe Corporate Card Account for an amount equal to or in excess of the final Transaction amount. When a hold is placed on your Stripe Corporate Card Account, the amount of the hold will reduce your Card Limit, if any, and the credit subject to the hold will not be available on your Stripe Corporate Card Account for any other purpose the hold is released.
4. Prohibited Persons. You represent and agree you are not currently and will not become subject to a U.S. Office of Foreign Asset Control list, or any law, regulation, or other list of any government agency that prohibits or limits us from providing Stripe Corporate Card Accounts or Stripe Corporate Cards to you or from otherwise conducting business with you.
5. Contacting Stripe. You may reach customer service by contacting us online.
- "Administrator" means the person appointed by the Program Accountholder to manage the Program Accountholder's participation in the Stripe Corporate Card Program, including managing how you may use your Stripe Corporate Card.
- "Card" and "Stripe Corporate Card" mean a business charge card issued by Issuer through which an you can make purchases in connection with a Card Account. Cards may either be a physical card embossed with a 16-digit number or a virtual card represented by a 16-digit number.
- "Card Account" and "Stripe Corporate Card Account" mean a sub-account of the Program Account. A separate Card Account is created for each Card.
- "Card Limits" means the maximum amounts available for Charges.
- "Card Network" means the payments card network operated by Visa, Inc. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa, Inc. Each Card is issued by Issuer, pursuant to a license from Visa, Inc.
- "Charge" means the payment for a Transaction using your Card over the Card Network.
- "Program" and "Stripe Corporate Card Program" mean the program through which Issuer issues Cards and extends credit to the Program Accountholder, and Stripe provides Account, Card, and Transaction management tools and services, in each case for use by your Administrator and you.
- "Program Account" means the account for which the Program Accountholder may request the issuance of Cards, and includes the records we maintain to (a) account for the value of the funds available for Charges on Cards, (b) establish Card Accounts, (c) provide Transaction histories, and (d) inform the Program Accountholder of fees and payments it owes.
- "Stripe" refers to Stripe, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
- "Transaction" means the agreement between you and a merchant for the purchase of goods and services.