Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
At Stripe, we are building a powerful suite of Internal Data Products that enable all Stripes to understand, analyze, and take action based on data and metrics. As a Staff Engineer in our Internal Data Product Team, you will play a crucial role in leading the technical design and development of high leverage tooling and user interfaces for data visualization and analysis, all of which are critical to driving data literacy and empowering decision-making across the organization.
What you’ll do
Joining our Internal Data Product Team means being part of an innovative and diverse team working on impactful projects that empower the entire Stripe organization. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of data-driven decision-making and help build world-class internal data products. If you have a passion for data, analytics, and delivering high-quality software, we would love to hear from you.
- Lead and collaborate closely with engineers, data scientists, analysts, and leaders across the company to design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable user interfaces and backend systems for our Internal Data Products, ensuring high performance, accessibility, and responsiveness.
- Partner closely with engineers across Stripe to support their specific needs while maintaining a very high level of system reliability, security and consistency of data and experiences
- Drive and lead the technical roadmap to help the team deliver the best quality systems to interface effectively with the rest of Stripe engineering
- Actively mentor and coach other engineers, within the team and across Stripe, for their requirements engineering, system design and technical problem solving
- Contribute to Stripe-wide engineering initiatives as a member of Stripe’s Staff engineering community
Who you are
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products; you’re passionate about solving business problems and making impact, you are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- 7+ years of professional hands-on software development experience.
- Experience serving as a technical lead spanning multiple teams and functions, leading large projects and having organization-wide impact.
- Experience mentoring teams of senior engineers over multi-quarter or multi-year projects.
- Experience defining the roadmap for complex projects, spanning multiple teams and functions.
- Ability to clearly identify business priorities, create new areas of investments, anticipate pitfalls and risks, and deep technical expertise for teams you lead.
- Experience building production frontend web experiences and maintaining the backend APIs/systems that power them.
- Ability to interact with customers and stakeholders directly in order to better understand their use cases and to brainstorm better ways to solve their problems.
- Deep care for users' needs, and ability to be a steward of crafting great experiences.
- Experience as a generalist, working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Mastery of front end technologies (HTML/CSS/TypeScript/React/Redux/REST APIs) preferably involving data-oriented products or analytics tools.
- Proficiency in server-side programming using languages like Python, Node.js, or Go.
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.js, Highcharts, or Plotly, and an understanding of principles of effective data visualization.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases, and ability to design and optimize data schemas to support efficient querying and data processing, optimizing data pipelines, and ensuring seamless data flow across systems.