Last updated: April 4, 2017
These Alipay Terms of Services apply if you elect to offer the Alipay software system and service for the making and collection of payments for products and services ("Alipay Services") to your Customers via Stripe. The Alipay Services are made available to you by Alipay.com Co., Ltd. ("Alipay"), and include the Alipay Wallet, and in these Alipay Terms of Services your Customers that use the Alipay Services are referred to as "Alipay Users".
1. Use of Alipay Services.
If you offer the Alipay Services to your Customers, you may not require a minimum or maximum purchase amount with respect to the Customers' use of the Alipay Services.
2. Products and Services.
You acknowledge that Alipay may not provide Alipay Services with respect to any transaction which is prohibited by applicable Laws or violates Alipay's internal policies, or which will result in Alipay being considered to have breached any applicable Laws. Accordingly, you must not sell products or services through the Alipay Services that contain articles prohibited or restricted from being sold to Alipay Users under any applicable Laws, including, without limitation, the products and services prohibited by Alipay. Please contact us for more information about products and services prohibited by Alipay.
You must provide Stripe with information about your products and services as may be reasonably requested by Stripe or Alipay from time to time, and you must ensure that no transaction submitted through the Alipay Services is for the purchase of any item prohibited by Alipay or Stripe. Alipay and Stripe will have the right to refuse to provide the Alipay Services with respect to any such transaction. To the best of your knowledge, the products or services that you sell do not infringe upon any third party's rights and interests, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and proprietary rights. If you become aware that any of your products or services infringes upon any third party's rights and interests, you must notify Stripe and immediately cease selling such products or services. If you continue to sell infringing goods or services, Stripe may immediately terminate provision of the Alipay Services to you.
3. Alipay intellectual property; brand and logo; publicity.
Alipay owns all rights in and to the Alipay Services, including, without limitation, the information described on the Alipay website. Except as expressly stated to the contrary, nothing in these Alipay Terms of Service grants, or may be construed to grant, to you any license, ownership or other rights of any kind in any Alipay content, technology or intellectual property.
You must display the brand or logo of Alipay during checkout for the sale of products or services in parity with other payment methods. You may not use Alipay's logo or proprietary content for any purpose other than to indicate your acceptance of Alipay as a form of payment, unless otherwise authorized by Alipay. You must present a truthful description of the Alipay Services in accordance with Alipay's guidance, and direct Alipay Users to access the Alipay Services using their Alipay Wallet to make the relevant payments.
You may not issue any press release or make any public announcement pertaining to Alipay or the Alipay Services without the prior written consent of Alipay.
4. Business purposes.
You may only use the Alipay Services for your own account and with respect to the products and/or services that you have told Stripe about.
5. Modification of Alipay Services.
Alipay may modify the Alipay Services from time to time and require you to take steps to reduce the risk of unauthorized Transactions.
6. Alipay User complaints; disputes.
You are solely liable for any complaints by Alipay Users regarding your products and/or services. In the event that Alipay or Stripe becomes aware of complaints by an Alipay User, you will work in good faith to resolve such complaint.
If an Alipay User refuses to pay for a product or service on the basis that there has been an unauthorized Transaction, you must provide documentary evidence, as requested by Alipay and Stripe, that you have properly delivered the products or provided the services in accordance with such underlying transaction order. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to logistics certificates, shipping certificates, receipts, addresses, name and contact information of the recipient; as well as product names and prices. Based upon the provided evidence, Stripe and Alipay will determine whether you have sufficiently demonstrated that you properly delivered the products or provided the services.
7. AML requirements.
Alipay is subject to anti-money laundering, countering the financing of terrorism and sanctions ("AML") laws and regulations. In accordance with its AML and anti-fraud practices, Alipay may reject or suspend suspicious transactions and payments, restrict individuals involved in suspicious transactions from using the Alipay Services, and impose other reasonable limitations and controls on your and Alipay Users' use of the Alipay Service sufficient to meet Alipay's AML compliance obligations. Alipay may, for the purposes of complying with applicable suspicious transaction reporting and tipping-off laws and regulations, notify suspicious transactions to the relevant authorities with jurisdiction over Alipay or relevant affiliates of Alipay.
Within a reasonable time after request from Alipay or Stripe, and only to the extent permitted by applicable Law, you must, at your own cost, provide information and transaction records to permit Alipay to investigate an actual or suspected violation by an Alipay User of the AML laws and regulations applicable to Alipay; except that the information provided shall be limited only to the information required to complete Alipay's investigation.
8. Prohibited business list
- Pornographic and vulgar erotic services and products, audio visual products, channels, and publications, aphrodisiacs
- Gambling, gambling devices and accessories, lotteries
- Illegal drugs (selling, displaying, or advertising Illegal drugs, as defined by applicable law, as well as drug related accessories, or drug test tools.)
- Weapons of all types (including daggers, firearms and accessories, replica weapons, ammunitions and explosives); military or police equipment; batons and electric batons; lock picking tools and accessories
- Illegally obtained proceeds or properties as result of crime
- Poisonous or hazardous chemicals
- Anesthetic, psychotropic or prescription medicine; illegal unregistered medicines
- Fetal gender determination
- Medical services, including medical consulting, hypnotherapy, plastic surgery (however pure advertising of these services is allowed)
- Hacking services or accessories
- Virtual Private Network tools (VPNs)
- Malware (including software used to disrupt computer or mobile operations, gather sensitive information, gain access to private computer systems, or display unwanted advertising)
- Illegal publication of certificates or carving of stamps (e.g. forged driving license, fake stamps)
- Crowd funding
- Video chat services that involve pornographic or vulgar content
- Religious websites, publications or accessories
- Online cemeteries and ancestor worship (e.g. websites offering paid services to pay respect to ancestors online)
- Sale of personal information (e.g. identity card information)
- Espionage equipment and accessories
- Services or products that infringe on personal privacy (e.g. online activity monitoring)
- Pyramid schemes and multi-level marketing
- Gold investment
- Cashback from Alipay account
- Illegal sale of financial information (e.g. bank accounts, bank cards)
- Stock and securities; mutual Funds; insurance products and platforms; financial products and services; rebate or cashback services
- Software or products related to trading of financial products and information
- Single-purpose prepaid cards (including gift cards and other stored value cards)
- Illegal or un-registered fund-raising activities
- Foreign exchange services; trading or distribution of currency (both RMB and foreign currencies); counterfeit currency
- Peer to peer (P2P) lending services
- Payment by installments service
- Trading in invoices issued within the Peoples' Republic of China
- Trading or sale of virtual currencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Litecoin)
- Satellite antennas
- Archaeological and cultural relics
- Counterfeit or replica food products
- Tobacco and cigarettes
- Fireworks and firecrackers
- Crude oil
- Human organs
- Surrogacy services
- Services to facilitate plagiarism and examination fraud
- Protected species
- Smuggled goods
- Sales or distribution of event tickets without license (e.g. Olympic Games or World Expo tickets)
- Real estate
- Charitable organizations (charitable organizations that raise funds and use Alipay as a payment method)
- Auction sites and services
- Pawn services
- Lucky draws
- Sale of animals, plants or products with contagious and hazardous diseases, or originating from areas declared with an epidemic outbreak of contagious diseases
- Services or products facilitating unlawful public gathering
- As prohibited by Chinese law or other applicable law, Illegal political products, publications, programs and channels (e.g. products, video, television or radio programs, and publications supporting political organizations, activities, or propaganda prohibited by Chinese law or other applicable law)
- State secret documents and information
- Software or services that may otherwise jeopardize the reputation or goodwill of Alipay and its affiliates