Last Updated: April 18, 2023
Stripe believes in creating a friendly, welcoming, and safe environment for everyone. We’re dedicated to ensuring our events are free from harassment and discrimination, for all gender identities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, races, educations, ages, disabilities, religions, national origins or any other aspects of identity.
To make sure that everyone feels welcome at our events (online and offline) and in our communities, we have some guidelines for attendees:
- Be kind. Treat others respectfully all of the time. Our events are often collaborative, so always be considerate of others—especially when you disagree.
- Be honest. Make sure your statements (including those you share or tweet) are true and not misleading. Your statements should reflect your personal experience and honest opinion.
- Don’t harass others. Stripe is dedicated to providing a comfortable, safe experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
- Speak up. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable, if you see someone being harassed, or you notice a potentially dangerous situation, please let a Stripe employee know.
- Contribute to a safe environment. Your safety and security is of utmost importance. We do not permit the possession of any weapons at our events, including firearms, explosives, knives, or other weapons that could cause harm to others at any Stripe event or in any Stripe location.
Participants who are asked to stop any harassing behavior or violate this code are expected to comply immediately with our staff’s direction. Attendance at Stripe events is at our sole discretion, and we reserve the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, any Stripe event or online community.
What to do if an incident arises
Participants in violation of this code or asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately with our staff’s direction. If a participant engages in harassing or disorderly behavior, Stripe will take any action we deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the forum or event. Attendance at Stripe events is at our sole discretion, and we will ask people who are disrespecting others and violating the code to leave.
If you ever encounter questionable conduct, please immediately alert a Stripe employee (they are clearly identified at all of our events), event staff or security staff, if on site. If there is a life safety issue, please call emergency services (in the U.S., call 911). All Stripe employees and the vendors we choose to work with are committed to assisting those experiencing discomfort during an event.
Any incidents, issues, questions or concerns—during an event or afterwards—can also be reported privately to: email@example.com. We value your attendance, and we want to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable.
We reserve the right to update this code at any time at our discretion. This code is modified from the Conference Code of Conduct http://confcodeofconduct.com/.