Master Campaign Agreement
If you breach these Stripe Terms, Stripe may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you, suspend or permanently remove you from the Affiliate Program. Stripe reserves the right to void, withhold, reduce, or cancel any and all commissions if you fail to comply with these Terms. Without limiting any other remedies available to Stripe, you irrevocably agree to forfeit any and all commissions payable to you if you breach these Terms.
Stripe reserves the right, at any time and for any reason, to (i) modify or discontinue the Affiliate Program; and (ii) modify these Terms. Stripe will notify you of any material modifications to these Terms, provided that by continuing to participate in the Program after any updated Terms become effective, you are representing to us that you agree to the updates. Updated Terms will become effective from the date they are posted to the Website. You agree to regularly check the Website for any updates to these Terms and the Affiliate Program.
As used in these Terms:
- “Stripe, Inc.”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Stripe, Inc. and any company that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, Stripe, Inc.
- “You” and “your” refers to the Affiliate (including your Sub-Affiliates).
- “Website” refers to www.stripe.com and the pages therein.
- “Material” refers to all websites, affiliated websites, search media profiles, banner ads, e-mails and e-mail distribution lists, advertising keywords and key phrases, copy, other creative materials, and other online advertising vehicles used by you or your Sub-affiliates approved into the Stripe Affiliate Program to generate or deliver Qualified Leads or Qualified Opportunities, or other actions that will link to Our Website.
- “Platform” refers to the Partnerstack platform.
- “Program” or “Affiliate Program” refers to the Stripe Affiliate Program.
- “Qualified Lead” means a lead submitted to Stripe that meets the following criteria:
a. The information submitted to Stripe is complete and accurate;
b. The lead has not been previously submitted to Stripe, is not already recognized within Stripe’s Customer Relationship Management system, and is not a current existing customer. An existing customer is a company or individual that currently receives services from Stripe.
c. The lead is within a country or region to which Stripe provides its services.
8.“Qualified Opportunity” means a Qualified Lead that is scored by Stripe as a Sales Qualified Opportunity or meets Stripe’s activation threshold.
After receiving your completed application for the Program, we will review your application and notify you within (2) business days of your acceptance or rejection into our Program. We reserve the right to reject any application for any or no reason. However, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel we have made an incorrect decision. Including examples of Your Material and planned marketing promotional methods in your application will help us make a better-informed decision. You may not have or operate more than one account in our Program without our prior written approval.
Your or your sub-affiliates Material may not:
- Infringe or violate any intellectual property, statutory, publicity, privacy, or other rights.
- Violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU), California Consumer Privacy Act, UK General Data Protection Regulation, CAN-SPAM Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, and all requirements imposed by the Federal Trade Commission or Federal Communications Commission.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or harmful to minors, or which contain nudity, pornography, or sexually explicit materials.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, secretly intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect internet traffic to or from any other website, or that enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website, including toolbars, browser plug-ins, extensions, and add-ons.
- Include any of our trade marks or other proprietary materials, including but not limited to “Stripe”, or any similar words or marks that could be confused with Our Website.
- Share links to any sites that promote or facilitate illegal downloads of video or audio.
- Share links to eBooks or PDFs.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, data privacy laws and regulations, in connection with your business and your participation in Stripe’s Affiliate Program.
COMMISSIONS AND PAYMENT
Stripe and Affiliate agree to the commission rate(s) for Qualified Leads and Qualified Opportunities set forth in an electronic insertion order that will be made available on the Platform.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
Upon acceptance into our Program, links will be made available to you through the Platform. By applying to the Affiliate Program, you agree to and abide by the following:
- You will only use linking code provided through the Platform without manipulation provided, however, that you may shorten the exact linking code through URL shortening services.
- You will not use your affiliate link on any domain except those listed in your Platform profile.
- Your Material will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website.
- You will not use any means to create the impression that your Material is our Website or any part of our Website, including, without limitation, framing our Website in any manner.
- Your Material will not engage in cookie stuffing, or include pop-ups, or false or misleading links. Wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring URL information (i.e., the page from where the click is originating).
- You will not use redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate.
- If you violate any of the foregoing, we may void, refuse to pay, and/or retroactively reverse, and you forfeit any rights to (including but not limited to any entitlement to receive) any commissions paid or payable to you.
If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising, such as Google Ads, you may not do any of the following without our advance written approval.
- Bid on any Stripe trade marks, including, but not limited to, our domain name, company, or registered trademarks, including any variations or misspellings thereof, for search or content-based campaigns.
- Use our trademarks or other trade or brand names in conjunction with any other keyword or key phrase (e.g. Stripe pos), including any misspellings.
- Use our trademarks or other trade or brands names in your ad title, ad copy, display name, ad extensions, or as the display URL.
- Direct link to our Website from any PPC ad or use redirects that yield the same result. If you have received written approval from us to participate in PPC bidding, traffic must be directed to an actual page on your website.
- Use the same tone, text, ‘look and feel’ (including but not limited to color combinations), or images as our current or past ads.
If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarks or other trade or brand names and misspelled terms from your program. We strongly suggest you add such prohibited terms and phrases as negative keywords. Without limiting any other rights under this Agreement, or at law or equity, You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past thirty (30) days and your commissions will be set to 0% without prior notice if you engage in PPC bidding that violates any of the foregoing PPC guidelines without our prior written approval. If you are unsure whether a term is trademarked, brand, or misspelled term, it is your responsibility to reach out to us at email@example.com to inquire.
You may not create Affiliate tracking that also contains a tracking link for any Stripe Referral Program. You may participate in either Stripe’s Affiliate Program or any Referral Program, but not both. You may not get credit from both the Affiliate Program and any Referral Program for the same Qualified Lead or Qualified Opportunity.
If you are enrolled in our Affiliate Program and your Material promotes coupon codes, special offers, or special pricing, you must adhere to the following coupon guidelines:
- You may only advertise coupon codes, special offers, or special pricing that are made available to you through the Affiliate Program.
- Posting, publishing, or sharing information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon, special offer, or special pricing will result in your removal from the Affiliate Program.
- You may not modify any coupon.
- Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date, and code or pricing.
- You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon offer, special offer, or special pricing, or which requires any user to click the coupon to reveal the code(s).
- You may not advertise any coupon code, special offer, or special pricing that you did not obtain from our Affiliate Program, including coupon codes, special offer, or special pricing from marketing emails, paid search, or any other non-Affiliate advertising campaigns, unless the coupon code, special offer, or special pricing are also provided in our Affiliate Program.
- You may not give the appearance that any ongoing Stripe coupon code, special offer, or special pricing requires clicking from your website to redeem the offer.
- You must not mislead customers into clicking on an offer or coupon that does not exist or engage in similarly deceptive tactics that are generally known as “cookie stuffing” or “forced clicks.” These include, but are not limited to:
- Using knowingly expired offers or presenting offers that do not exist or are not Affiliate Program offers.
- Making claims that a user must first click on a link to activate or receive an offer.
- Presenting a button that claims to show all offers and which sets the Affiliate cookie in the background.
- Technology that generates a click or sets the Affiliate cookie from the action of copying a coupon code or through a pop-under.
- Claiming or otherwise representing that any coupon, offer, or pricing is exclusive to, or exclusively available from, you.
If your Material appears on the first page of Google for terms related to our Website, company, or trade or brand name(s), when combined with the word coupon, coupons, coupon code, offer, promo code, special pricing, or words or phrases of similar meaning, and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate.
If you are enrolled in our Affiliate Program, you must adhere to the following creative guidelines.
- You may only use the creative that is provided to you through the Affiliate Program unless our Material has submitted to us for review and approved by us in writing. This includes but is not limited to copy for the purpose of e-mail marketing (“subject lines, etc.”). Requests for approval of your Material should be accompanied with information about how you intend to use the proposed Material.
- You may not modify creative without our advance written approval. You must submit a request for approval of modified creative and include information about how you intend to use the modified creative.
- Use of unapproved creative may result in removal from the Affiliate Program and/or reversal of commissions earned.
- Creative must be displayed as-is and in its entirety unless you have prior written approval.
- You will, within twenty-four (24) hours of notice from us, cease, remove, or delist, as applicable, any use of our creative or your Materials.
In addition to the foregoing, by submitting modified creative for our approval, you assign to us any and all ownership of such modified creative, including but not limited to related intellectual property rights. You agree to do and sign all things reasonably necessary to perfect the assignment to us.
You may promote Stripe through a sub-affiliate network provided, however, that you are transparent regarding where traffic from your sub-affiliate(s) originated. You must ensure that all sub-affiliates promoting Stripe’s Affiliate Program adhere to these Terms. Sub-affiliate networks must receive our written approval prior to allowing any type of coupon sub-affiliate to promote the Stripe Affiliate Program.
You are responsible for the acts or omissions of any sub-affiliate promoting Stripe on your behalf as though such acts or omissions were performed directly by you. Failure to comply with these sub-affiliate network terms may result in your suspension from the Affiliate Program, termination of this Agreement, and/or forfeiture of commissions relating to Submitted Applications made through any sub-affiliate that does not comply with these Terms.
Use of any of our trademarks, or other trade or brand names, as part of the domain or subdomain for your Material is strictly prohibited.
We may monitor you, on our own or with the assistance of third parties, for compliance with these Terms. You agree to maintain appropriate books and records relating to your participation in the Affiliate Program and promotion efforts to record your compliance with these Terms. You will permit Stripe (or its designee) to audit such records upon written request, and will provide copies of such books and records reasonably requested by Stripe for such purpose.
You shall not create, publish, distribute, or print any written material that refers to our Affiliate Program without first submitting that material to firstname.lastname@example.org and receiving our prior written consent. You may not hold yourself out or otherwise represent (by implication or otherwise) that your are a representative of Stripe. To avoid doubt, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you are not (and will not hold yourself out to be) an employee or agent of Stripe.
If you intend to promote our Affiliate Program through e-mail campaigns, you will adhere to the following:
- You will comply with all applicable laws (including but not limited to the CAN-SPAM Act.
- E-mails must be sent on your behalf and from your domain, and must not imply that they were sent from or on behalf of Stripe or Stripe’s domain.
- E-mails advertisements will only be sent to customers who have consent to receive such e-mails. You will maintain records evidencing such consent including source URLs and the time/date stamps. You will provide us with evidence of consent/opt-in within two (2) business days following our request.
- You must download our opt-or our suppression list from the Platform every ten (10) days. You agree not to send e-mails to customers on the opt-out or suppression list.
- Further, you agree to treat the opt-out or suppression list as Confidential Information.
- E-mails must contain a physical mailing address.
- All e-mails must include an opt-out link.
- E-mails must be sent to your own subscriber list.
- Follow email best practices including warming up an IP and maintaining a strong domain reputation to ensure deliverability to the user’s inbox.
- E-mails and subject lines must first be submitted to us at email@example.com for written approval prior to being sent out by you.
- You will maintain a copy of all e-mails you send as part of our Affiliate Program and produce such copies within two (2) days of Stripe’s request
For more information about CAN-SPAM, please review https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted subject to the following restrictions:
- You are PROHIBITED from posting your own links on Stripe’s Facebook, Twitter, and other social company pages or posts in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
- You are PROHIBITED from running Facebook ads with Stripe’s company name, trademarks, or other brand or trade marks.
- You are PROHIBITED from creating social media accounts, pages, or posts that in any way copy, resemble, represent or mirror the look and feel of our social media accounts, pages, or posts.
- You are PROHIBTED from using any means to create the impression that your accounts, pages, or posts are Stripe’s accounts, pages, or posts.
In these Terms, “Confidential Information” means all non-public information relating to the business (including, without limitation, computer programs, technical drawings, algorithms, know-how, formulas, profit margins, processes, ideas, inventions (whether patentable or not), technology, finances, customers, plans, product developments, forecasts, and strategies) of Stripe that has been or will be disclosed to or received by you through your participation in the Affiliate Program.
You agree to, except to the extent required by applicable law, (i) hold any Confidential Information received as part of the Affiliate Program in confidence and use reasonable measures to protect it, (ii) not disclose that Confidential Information to any third person except as authorized by these Terms, (iii) not use that Confidential Information for any purpose other than the purposes described in these Terms, and (iv) not to export or reexport (within the meaning of U.S. or other export control laws or regulations) that Confidential Information. You may disclose Confidential Information received as part of the Affiliate Program to your employees, approved contractors, agents, or third-party auditors who have a need to know and are subject to confidentiality obligations consistent with these Terms. Except to the extent required by applicable law, you will, immediately upon request by Stripe or your removal from the Affiliate Program, return to Stripe, or destroy, any Confidential Information received as part of the Affiliate Program and all documents or media containing that Confidential Information.
FTC ENDORSEMENT GUIDELINES DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
Where it is not clear that your Affiliate link is a paid advertisement, You will include a disclosure statement in any and all web pages, blog/posts, social media sites or other places where Affiliate links for our Affiliate Program are posted as an endorsement or review,. The disclosure statement must be clear and concise and state that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement, as applicable (including if you received a product or service free from us). We reserve the right to audit you without notice for FTC disclosure compliance and to remove you from the Affiliate Program if we determine or suspect you are not in compliance.
Disclosure statements required under this section must:
- Be made at each instance of a sponsored link. A single statement on the site or a separate page with your general disclosure statement is not sufficient.
- Be placed above the fold. Scrolling should not be necessary to find the disclosure.
- Not include pop-up, hover state, or button disclosures.
The above disclosure requirements apply to all social media, even if space is restricted (e.g. tweets).
For more information on FTC disclosure requirements, please see https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking and the FTC Guides the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising/advertisement-endorsements
REVERSALS AND COMMUNICATION/COOPERATION POLICY
Stripe reserves the right to reverse commissions due to duplicate tracking, cancellations, disputed changes and Program violations as outlined in these Terms. Stripe may also offset any commissions payable to you against commissions it has reversed or which you have forfeited.
If we ask you for clarification on any specific Qualified Lead, Qualified Opportunity, or Action that we suspect may be in violation of our Terms or the Agreement, you will respond in a timely and honest manner. The following will be deemed a violation of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague, or are found or suspected to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after attempts to contact you using the information listed in your Platform profile.
- You can not substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our Affiliate Program with clear and demonstrable proof to our satisfaction.
If we determine that any of the above have occurred, you will be deemed in breach of these Terms. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however, it is incumbent upon you to ensure that you have the appropriate checks and balances in place to proactively address these issues and adhere to our Affiliate Program rules, including these Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact our Affiliate team at firstname.lastname@example.org.