If you’re not using Connect, you can activate the PayPal payment method directly from the Stripe Dashboard.
- Go to the Payment Methods settings page.
- Locate PayPal in the Wallets section.
- Click Turn on.
- Select your settlement preference. If you select Add PayPal funds to your Stripe balance, PayPal money flow is similar to other payment methods at Stripe. If you select Keep PayPal funds in PayPal balance, you’ll need to manage payouts on PayPal with the option to automate the frequency of payouts. Find more information about settlement modes.
- Click Continue to PayPal to complete the integration. You’ll be offered to connect your Stripe and PayPal accounts. You can connect an existing PayPal account or create a new one as part of the process.*
- After clicking Continue to PayPal, PayPal redirects you back to Stripe where you can check the status of your integration on the Payment Methods settings page.
In some cases, you might see your integration appear in a pending state after connecting your Stripe and PayPal accounts, which can happen for the following reasons:
- You haven’t confirmed the email address to activate your PayPal account.
- PayPal needs to perform additional verifications on your account. If you’ve verified all of these possibilities and think they don’t apply to your PayPal account, please contact Stripe Support and we’ll help you resolve the issue.
* Currently, only PayPal business accounts in the European Economic Area (excluding Hungary), the UK, and Switzerland are supported.
Start accepting PayPal payments
See how to accept PayPal payments at Stripe.