Stripe provides a set of test institutions exercising different success and failure scenarios, each represented as a bank in the list of featured institutions.
The following scenarios are available:
- Test Institution: No failure, the user successfully logs into the institution and retrieves the standard test accounts.
- Test OAuth Institution: Returns the same set of accounts as
Test Institution, but instead of authenticating directly with the modal, it opens an OAuth popup for authentication.
- Ownership accounts: No failure, the user successfully logs into the institution and retrieves test accounts focused on different ownership states.
- Down bank (Scheduled): The institution’s login API is unavailable for a known time period that the institution communicated to Stripe.
- Down bank (Unscheduled): The institution’s login API is unavailable without any information about the downtime communicated to Stripe.
- Down bank (Error): Stripe is experiencing an unknown error communicating with the institution.
We recommend testing with both the
Test Institution and
Test OAuth Institution, to ensure that both UI flows work within the context your application.