Working with Express and Custom accounts provides platforms with a lot of power: almost every Stripe account property is available through the API.
Platforms need to update connected Express and Custom accounts to:
- Handle acceptance and re-acceptance of the Stripe Connected Account Agreement (by Custom accounts)
- Handle identity verification (of Custom accounts)
- Manage the connected business’s information, such as the name, logo, and URL
- Set some charge behaviors
- Establish payout handling
Viewing an account’s Dashboard
Platforms can update some account settings without using the API by viewing the connected account’s Stripe Dashboard:
- Go to the Connected accounts section of your Dashboard.
- Click the ID of the connected account to use to see more details about that account.
- On the resulting page, click View dashboard as.
This allows you—or your support team—to see the status of payouts, search for payments, and update some of the connected account’s information if needed. The information that you can view and change depends on the type of connected account.
Stripe Services Agreement acceptance
Stripe requires that all Custom accounts accept their service agreements. The service agreement your users must accept depends on which service agreement type their accounts are under. You can change the type of service agreement up until the time they accept it. It’s your responsibility to make sure your users agree to the correct service agreement before accepting or receiving payments through Stripe on your platform.
Referencing the agreement
As a minimum requirement, you must present your users with a link to the correct agreement and they must expressly consent to it prior to using Stripe (e.g., at the point of activating their account).
Adding Stripe to your services agreement
We also suggest you add a section to your services agreement making it clear that your users’ acceptance of payments is provided subject to their connected account agreement. One way to achieve this is by including a clear reference and link to the connected accounted agreement.
To indicate to Stripe that a connected account accepted the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, perform an update account call, providing the acceptance date (as a timestamp) and user’s IP address: