Connect Onboarding for Custom Accounts is a web form hosted by Stripe that takes care of collecting identity verification information from users. It dynamically adjusts the information that it collects to reflect the connected account’s capabilities, country, and business type. Connect Onboarding is the recommended solution to collect identity verification information for Custom accounts, and ensures that your flow is optimized for:
- Mobile browsers
- Internationalization and localization
- Conversion rate
- Intelligently requesting requirements based on what’s already provided on the account
Here’s what the form looks like for Stripe’s sample integration, Rocket Deliveries:
How to use Connect Onboarding for Custom Accounts
- Go to your Connect settings page to customize the visual appearance of the form: you can provide the name, color, and icon of your brand. You must provide this information for Connect Onboarding to work.
- Create a new account and get the account ID, or use an existing account ID (in the form of
- Call the Account Links with the following parameters (see the API ref for more):
- In the onboarding flow for your own platform, redirect your user to the
urlreturned by Account Links.
- Handle additional account states, redirecting your user back into the Connect Onboarding flow if necessary. To handle user-initiated updates to information they’ve already provided, create a way for your user to get a new redirect to the Connect Onboarding form from your platform’s dashboard.