Collect additional identity verification from connected accounts to help reduce fraud losses, streamline risk operations, and meet additional compliance requirements. Automatically collect required information with Connect Onboarding or embed Stripe Identity as part of your custom onboarding experience. Restrict your flow of funds based on verification status and volume thresholds.
By adding a few lines of code to your Connect integration, you can:
- Request an ID document check during initial onboarding
- Match the ID photo with selfies of the document holder
- Disable payouts or payments based on verification status or volume thresholds
- Access captured images and data extracted from ID documents
- Receive detailed status updates and error messages
Common use cases for additional verifications
- Reduce fraud losses—For example, platforms can streamline risk processes by inserting an ID verification before enabling the first payout.
- Increase trust & safety—For example, marketplaces facilitating in-person services can insert ID verification before allowing connected accounts to collect payments or interact with other users and can surface a “verified” badge on their profile.
- Meet additional compliance requirements—For example, fintech platforms can conduct ID verification to confirm user identity as part of meeting their own KYC requirements.
Get started Invite-only
Access to additional verifications is currently by invitation only. If you’re interested in this functionality, contact us for an invitation.