Checkout creates a secure, Stripe-hosted payment page that lets you collect payments with just a few lines of code. Checkout works with Stripe Billing to support recurring payment flows:
- Start a subscription
- Start a trial
- Add one-time line items to a subscription
- Allow customers to update their subscription payment details
- Collect payment details before your customer makes a purchase
Use one of Stripe’s test cards with any three-digit CVC code and an expiration date that’s in the future:
- To demo, use the U.S. test card number
4242 4242 4242 4242or any other Stripe test card number.
- To test 3D Secure3D Secure provides an additional layer of authentication for credit card transactions that protects merchants from liability for fraudulent card payments. authentication, use
4000 0000 0000 3220.
- Create a self-serve interface for customers to set up recurring billing for a software subscription, optionally including a trial period.
- Combine a one-time payment for hardware and recurring payments for an ongoing service plan into a single transaction.
- Dynamically handle 3D Secure authentication to decrease fraud and increase success rates on future payments.
First, learn how to start new subscriptions with Checkout.
Then, learn how to update existing subscriptions with Checkout.
Was this page helpful?