Checkout creates a secure, Stripe-hosted payment page that lets you collect payments with just a few lines of code. Checkout works with Stripe Billing to support recurring payment flows:
- Starting a subscription
- Starting a trial
With a more advanced client and server integration, you can further customize your Checkout subscriptions:
- Add line items to a subscription
- Allow customers to update their subscription payment details
- Collect payment details before your customer makes a purchase
Use one of Stripe’s test cards with any three-digit CVC code and an expiration date that’s in the future:
- To demo, use the U.S. test card number
4242 4242 4242 4242or any other Stripe test card number.
- To test 3D Secure3D Secure provides an additional layer of authentication for credit card transactions that protects merchants from liability for fraudulent card payments. During a transaction that incorporates the 3D Secure authorization process, the customer is prompted to supply a separate password or code to validate their purchase. authentication, use
4000 0000 0000 3220.
- Create a self-serve interface for customers to set up recurring billing for a software subscription, optionally including a trial period.
- Combine a one-time payment for hardware and recurring payments for an ongoing service plan into a single transaction.
- Dynamically handle 3D Secure authentication to decrease fraud and increase success rates on future payments.
Now that you have a working integration, learn how to handle actions after the payment and the options available for customizing Checkout.
Was this page helpful?