Stripe offers two types of physical cards. This document provides an overview of the card types and the different options you have for creating them.
|Card type||Description||Timeline||Recommended use cases|
|Instant cards||Select a card with a black or white background and add your business logo on the front to customize it. Order cards from the Stripe Dashboard or learn how to create instant cards.||Instant cards are ready to be issued. After you upload your logo to the Dashboard, we’ll review it to make sure it complies with the guidelines set by our partner networks. After approval, you can start issuing cards.||Instant cards are ideal if you’re looking to go to market fast, for a pilot launch, or if you’re thinking of issuing a smaller quantity of cards (less than a thousand).|
Fully customize your cards with your artwork and design choices on the front and back. You can also design custom carriers (the paper your card is attached to for shipping). Learn more about custom cards.
Custom cards need to go through design iterations to make sure they’re ready for printing and manufacturing by our partner printers. This process can take a few weeks depending on the complexity of the design and supply chain conditions.
Custom cards are useful if physical cards are a core part of your business and you’re planning on issuing a large amount of cards. Custom cards let you feature your brand goals in your customers’ wallets.
To get started with issuing cards:
- Review the card options and select either instant or custom cards.
- For instant cards, go to the Dashboard to upload your logo design.
- For custom cards, contact your account representative, who provides card and carrier design templates and feature checklists.
- Read how custom physical cards work to make sure your design choices can be printed on the card and carrier.
- Send us the updated card and carrier templates and completed checklist with your selected features.
- Stripe provides feedback as needed and initiates the card ordering process.