Stripe Identity is a prebuilt, hosted identity verification flow that can help you capture signals about individuals to make sure that they are who they claim to be. Identity can help you increase the trust and safety of your community, streamline risk operations to reduce losses, or launch verification as a new feature within your product.
With just a few lines of code, you can:
- Get more signals about your users—capture and verify identity documents, ID numbers or addresses, and perform selfie checks through a single integration. You can also securely access captured images and extracted data from documents.
- Embed a hosted verification flow—Identity’s fully responsive design works across all browsers. You can also customize the user interface with your brand and colors.
- Verify global users—support users around the world with verification check support for over 40 countries worldwide. Identity’s hosted experience is also available in 15 different languages.
- Maximize verification rate—Identity’s real-time document validation dynamically surfaces error messages to help users capture high-quality images to maximize verification and conversion rates. Users can also easily transition to capture images through a mobile device.
- Keep sensitive data secure—Stripe has one of the world’s leading team of security engineers committed to keeping user data safe.
Common use cases for Stripe Identity
- Increase the trust and safety of your community—verify members of your community to prevent predatory and fraudulent activities. For example, social community adding a “verified” badge to member profiles.
- Meet due diligence requirements—confirm identity information to meet legal or third-party obligations. For example, age verification for alcohol purchase
- Reduce losses by streamlining risk management—collect more information about users to reduce losses and automate manual verification operations. For example, surface identity verification as an intervention before allowing users to change their payout bank accounts.
- Add identity verification as a feature—increase the value of your services by helping your customers handle identity verification. For example, property management software adding a verification feature to help landlords confirm that the rental applicant is the person intending to reside in the property.
If you’re interested in participating in the Stripe Identity beta, request access below.