Platforms can add funds to their Stripe balance as part of their normal business operations. There are a number of different use cases for adding funds, including:
- Paying bonuses or other one-off payouts, independent of specific charges.
- Providing customer discounts while still paying full price for goods or services to sellers.
- Adding funds from non-Stripe income (for example, checks or funds from another processor).
- Enabling faster payouts (for example, pay a vendor before incoming funds become available).
All of these requirements must be met to add funds to your Stripe balance:
- Your platform is in the U.S. and the connected account receiving the funds is either in the U.S. or has a recipient service agreement.
- Your platform is on a manual payout schedule.
- Your platform profile is approved. You can check the status in your settings after completing the platform profile.
View your funds
View your added funds in the Dashboard on Top-ups tab under the Balance page. Each time you add funds, a top-up object is made that has a unique ID with the format
tu_XXXXXX, which you can see on the detailed view for the top-up.
US platforms add funds via ACH debit, and can take 5-6 business days to become available in your Stripe balance. You can request a review of your account for faster settlement timing in the Dashboard.
As we learn more about your account, Stripe might be able to decrease your settlement timing automatically.
Adding funds for future refunds and disputes or to repay a negative balance can happen through bank or wire transfer, and be available in 1-2 business days.
You can use the Dashboard or the API to test adding funds to your balance.