Stripe determines your eligibility for a loan offer based on a variety of factors related to your Stripe account, including your processing volume and the size of your customer base.
We automatically review your business for loan offer eligibility on a daily basis. If you become eligible, you’ll receive an email and you can view your offer in the Dashboard under the Capital tab.
Minimum eligibility requirements
To qualify for a loan through Stripe Capital, your business must:
- Be based in the US. Stripe Capital only supports businesses located or incorporated in the US.
- Have processed payments on Stripe for 6 months or more.
- Have a processing volume of 5,000 USD minimum per year.
- Be in good standing with Stripe Capital. If your business previously applied for a Capital loan and was rejected, you’re not eligible to receive a new loan offer for 30 days.
Important factors we consider
In addition to the minimum requirements, our underwriting model evaluates many other characteristics of your business to determine eligibility. We’ve highlighted some key considerations:
- A growing business. How much you process through Stripe influences the size of your financing offer. Businesses with positive growth trajectories are more likely to be eligible for an offer.
- A steady processing record. A consistent, steady processing record with limited periods of low or zero volume shows stability in your business and increases your likelihood of qualifying for an offer.
- A large customer base. Businesses with more customers are more likely to be eligible for an offer.
- A low dispute rate. Businesses with low rates of unresolved chargebacks are more likely to qualify for funding.
Additional steps you can take
The more information we can see about the health of your business, the better we can evaluate your eligibility for a Stripe loan.
- Connect your business bank account. Securely linking your bank account lets Stripe view your bank balances and transactions to better determine your eligibility for an offer.
- Bring more processing volume onto Stripe. Our underwriting model is based on the payment volume that you process on Stripe. Shifting transaction volume from other payment sources onto Stripe increases your overall Stripe processing volume and improves your likelihood of receiving an offer.