Collect and report tax on your invoices and subscriptions.
- Store Tax IDs for your customers, like VAT IDs, which Stripe can then validate with appropriate government agencies
- Create inclusive or exclusive tax rates for VAT, GST, and US sales tax and apply those tax rates to individual invoice line-items, invoice subtotals, or all of the invoices in a subscription
- Export CSV tax reports detailing how much you collected in tax in a given jurisdiction
Stripe’s tax solution is live, and we’ll be actively developing new features going forward.
Stripe is committed to helping business with transactional tax. Here are some of the features we’re working on:
- Better tools for determining the right tax rate for a customer and product
- Support for tax within Checkout
- Verification of additional tax ID numbers in new regions, like Australia
- Better tools for tax reporting
- Synchronous integrations with third party tax solutions
For feedback or interest in betas of these products, please contact Stripe.