- Automatically create or update subscriptions on Stripe based on Salesforce activity (for example, when your sales team activates an order).
- Model complex sales contracts using features in Stripe Billing, such as subscription schedules, tiered prices, and usage-based (metered) billing.
- Generate links from within Salesforce to secure Stripe-hosted pages that enable your customers to save a payment method on file.
- View the latest state of subscriptions and invoices of a customer from within Salesforce.
How to use the Stripe Billing connector for Salesforce
The connector is available to beta users as a managed package to install on your Salesforce account. Follow the steps to configure and use the connector.
Securely connect your Salesforce environment with your Stripe account
After the connector is installed, open the Stripe Setup application on Salesforce. Follow the steps in the Stripe Setup application to:
- Authorize the connector to access your Salesforce environment.
- Log in to your Stripe account and authorize access to the connector in either test mode (when connecting to developer or staging environment of Salesforce) or live mode (when connecting to a production environment of Salesforce).
Define how data is mapped between Salesforce and Stripe
The connector maps the following Salesforce objects to the corresponding Stripe objects:
|Price book entry||Price|
|Order||Subscription schedule and subscription|
|Order product||Subscription item|
The Stripe Setup application has a Define Data Mapping step. In this step, specify the fields from the Salesforce objects to map to corresponding fields on the Stripe objects. For example:
- If you use a custom field to store whether a
Price book entryis metered or licensed, you can specify that field to map to recurring.usage_type on the Stripe
- Information within Salesforce objects that are important for your businesses processes or provisioning can be mapped to metadata fields within corresponding Stripe objects.
Configure synchronization preferences
In the last step of Stripe Setup, specify:
- A start date on which the connector begins to sync data. Only activated orders on or after this date are synced to Stripe. This date can be in the past.
- The maximum percentage of available Salesforce API calls to be allocated to the connector. Salesforce environments can make a limited number of API calls in 24 hours, and this helps you avoid hitting Salesforce’s API limits.
After the setup is complete, new activated orders automatically:
- Create or update a
Customeron Stripe for the
Accountcorresponding to the order. The
idon the Stripe Customer object is available as a custom field called
Stripe IDon the Salesforce Account.
- Create or update Products and Prices on Stripe for each Order Product in the order.
- Create a subscription schedule on Stripe for the activated order.
- Create a
Sync Recordcustom object on Salesforce to indicate the sync status and any errors that arise.