All businesses can add funds directly to their Stripe balance using a wire or bank transfer. This helps to keep your business healthy when your account has a negative balance or you expect an increase in customer refunds. You can proactively add funds to be used for future refunds or chargebacks that will be held separately from your earnings, payouts, and funds from other Stripe products.
If you’ve received an email from Stripe about debiting your bank account, first check your balance to see if you’ve already repaid your negative balance.
If you determine adding additional funds to cover the balance is still necessary, see below for instructions:
- Determine the amount you wish to add to your balance based on your negative balance.
- Go to the Balances page in the Dashboard. Click Add to balance.
- Initiate a transfer with your bank to the account information shown. Be sure to include the unique reference number provided on this page.
- Depending on the currency, you will be provided instructions for local bank transfer or a wire transfer.
- After the funds have been sent from your bank, come back to the Balances page in the Dashboard. Click Add to balance.
- Upload a screenshot or image of proof the funds have been transferred from your bank account. This helps us settle your funds more quickly.
- Click `Confirm Transfer’
To receive the funds into your Stripe balance faster, you will be asked to include a screenshot or PDF of your transfer or wire confirmation from your bank.
Seeing your funds
You can see the total amount set aside in the Balances page of the Dashboard, under “Future refunds or disputes.”
When a refund is processed or a payment is disputed, these funds will be used first. Once there are no funds remaining, refunds and disputes will be processed from your available balance.
Each day, these funds will be used to cover any negative balance on your account.
Pay out funds
If you no longer need to have these funds set aside, you can pay them out by selecting “Pay out to bank” in the Balances page of the Dashboard.
Funds should be available in your balance within one to seven business days depending on the method used to add funds.
1-5 business days for ACH method and 2-7 days for all other methods.
Ensuring the wire or transfer from your bank includes your Stripe unique reference code in the transfer memo will allow funds settle to your account without delay. This unique reference code can be found on the Balances page in the Dashboard. Click Add to balance.