All businesses can add funds directly to their Stripe account balance using a wire or bank transfer. This helps to keep your business healthy when your account has a negative balance or you expect an increase in customer refunds. You can proactively add funds to your balance to be used for refunds or chargebacks.
If you’ve received an email from Stripe about debiting your bank account, first check your balance to see if you’ve already repaid your negative balance.
Step 1: Set up manual payouts
- In your Dashboard settings, go to Bank accounts and scheduling.
- Confirm you have Payout schedule set to Manual.
Step 2: Add funds
- Go to the Balances page in the Dashboard. Click Add to balance.
- Enter an amount in the currency you wish to add to your balance.
- Depending on the currency, you will be provided instructions for local bank transfer or a wire transfer.
- Initiate a transfer with your bank to the account information shown.
To receive the funds into your Stripe balance faster, you may be asked to include a screenshot or PDF of your transfer confirmation.
Funds should be available in your balance within one to two business days depending on the method used to add funds.