Writer (Product) San Francisco
Design at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and we think that building an internet business is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. We also believe that there are far too many barriers to doing business on the internet and that the opportunities to do it are not equally distributed throughout the world. To break down those barriers and make the opportunities available to anyone, we’re designing the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling an online business—from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) team in San Francisco.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Work with design, product, engineering, to create the words that go into Stripe’s products
- Communicate complex product features and benefits in ways that speak up to our users and help them understand and use our products
- Work on product and feature naming
- Create, maintain, and implement style guides and shared nomenclature across Stripe
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Can embrace the technical nature of Stripe and our products, and not attempt to unduly consumerize the enterprise
- Are relentlessly user focused and get across information that is valuable to them in their decision process
- Can edit existing writing or create from scratch with input from stakeholders
- Can write everything the user experience requires—navigation items, button labels, tool tips, engagement emails, error messages, and beyond
- Can work in a company full of writers where nobody “owns” writing
- Are flexible and have a keen eye for detail in your work
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
We look forward to hearing from you.