Workplace Services San Francisco
Create an amazing workplace at Stripe!
Stripe is growing rapidly, and Workplace Services plays a critical role in scaling and shaping our global facilities footprint. Stripe has a fun and fast-paced culture, and we care deeply about Stripe being a great place for Stripes to work. In this role, you will blend people, process and technology to help keep our team happy and productive. You will have the unique opportunity to work closely with our real estate team, executives, and other advisors to expand and leverage Stripe’s global facilities footprint, including the beautiful new campus under construction in San Francisco.
- Manage and continuously enhance the operations of Stripe’s facilities.
- Select, supervise, and manage our workplace vendors, conducting Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and quarterly performance and financial reviews.
- Communicate effectively and develop a strong relationship with senior executives and business units to ensure their business needs are met and that they are informed on all workplace matters that affect them.
- Implement and leverage technological solutions that will allow Stripe to gather data about its facilities, and use that data to make informed strategic decisions about space planning, issue resolution and staffing.
- Coordinate with members of our workplace team to develop, document and maintain processes, procedures and standards.
- Oversee the financial budgets for Stripe’s facilities, tracking and reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work with Stripe’s Global Head of Security to develop and maintain security, safety, and emergency response programs for Stripe’s offices.
- Design, staff and supervise Stripe’s kitchen and dining room areas, reception area, and mail room programs.
- Coordinate with members of our workplace team to benchmark operations and projects with a goal of continuous improvement.
You should have:
- Strong facilities management experience, ideally in a 100,000+ sq ft space.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally at an organization that has scaled through a hyper-growth stage, both domestically and internationally.
- Great communication, organizational and analytical skills, with the proven ability to manage projects and budgets on time and within scope.
- A willingness to be self-directed, with a knack for solving problems and spotting inefficiencies.
- Deep empathy and a strong orientation towards serving clients and customers.
- An orientation toward rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- A driving need to deliver the best possible experience—you may have been called a perfectionist once or twice.
To apply, please include:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.