UX Researcher (Quantitative) San Francisco
Put Stripe’s users first.
Research at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We believe that driving the next generation of global businesses requires us to deeply understand the experiences of business owners around the world. We also believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet—and that the opportunities to do so are not equally distributed. To break down these barriers, we’re building infrastructure to enable anyone in the world to start, run, and scale an online business.
There’s so much we still have to learn at Stripe. What is it really like to start and run your own business? What does it mean to invest everything you have into something you really believe in? We believe that we need to immerse ourselves in our users’ experiences to first reason about what users would like and then to work backwards to our internal constraints, infrastructure, partnerships, product roadmap, and so on. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of researchers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to help us grow our budding research team in San Francisco. We take pride in empowering user empathy across all of Stripe—doing research that drives the business forward and empowers other functions to connect deeply with users.
Are you itching to build rigorous solutions for company-wide problems? If so, we can give you the freedom and resources to do amazing things at Stripe.
- Build and scale best-in-class survey programs that help us stay connected to our users.
- Be the company’s leading authority on survey tooling, design, methodology, and analysis.
- Partner closely with Marketing and Data Science to create the infrastructure for standardizing in-product survey research and ongoing tracking surveys.
- Establish training, best practices, and scalable consulting processes to ensure everyone at Stripe can ship world-class surveys and analyze them in a rigorous way.
You may be a fit if:
- You’re a creative, bold, visionary builder—where other people see chaos, you see opportunity.
- You’ve directed complex survey projects at scale—from ongoing tracking surveys to demographic assessments to cross-sectional product surveys.
- You know best practices only matter if your partners across the company are on board—that’s why you love working closely with other teams (e.g., marketing, data science) to scale solutions that work for everyone.
- You lose track of time when you’re thinking through sample characteristics, drafting immaculate survey questions, running SQL queries, and getting answers from your survey data.
- You’ve built or supported internal survey solutions at your workplace.
Any combination of these qualities would make your application stand out:
- You have an MA or PhD in a related field, like sociology, epidemiology, communications, psychology, or political science.
- You know the ins and outs of different survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey) and data analytics languages/platforms (e.g., SQL, R, Stata).
- You’ve built out survey UI or survey data infrastructure before.
- You’re comfortable communicating with our user base: startup founders and business professionals.
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile.
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you.
We look forward to hearing from you.