UX Researcher San Francisco
Put Stripe’s users first.
Research at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet—and that the opportunities to do so are not equally distributed. We also believe driving the next generation of global businesses requires we deeply understand the experiences of business owners around the world. To break down global barriers, we’re building infrastructure to enable anyone in the world to start, run, and scale an online business.
There’s still so much we have to learn at Stripe. What does it mean for people around the world to start up something they really believe in? What are the barriers people face when they’re trying to make their business successful? To support the next generation of global businesses we we believe we need to immerse ourselves in our users’ experiences—to first reason about what users would like, and then to work backwards about what we should build. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse group of researchers from many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to help us learn everything we need to know about building the modern, global, connected economy. You’ll join a small but growing research team at our offices in San Francisco.
Are you excited by the idea of empowering an entire company to connect with businesses worldwide and transform the global economy? Because that’s what we’re up to—we aren’t just doing our own research, we’re empowering people across all of Stripe (engineers, product managers, designers, everyone) to apply research skills to global problems. If you love scaling yourself and your expertise, we can give you the freedom and resources to do amazing things at Stripe.
- Conduct international research that deepens our understanding of the user experience and drives company strategy.
- Scale yourself by building best-in-class qualitative research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower everyone at the company to connect to our users.
- Be the company’s leading authority on qualitative research methods.
- Establish training, best practices, and scalable consulting processes to ensure everyone at Stripe can do tactical research in a rigorous way—and to free you to do strategic cross-organizational research.
You may be a fit if:
- You’ve directed complex international research projects at scale—from iterative testing to unmoderated card sorts to in-context interviews to diary studies.
- You lose track of time thinking through sample characteristics, writing the perfect research protocol, finding themes in qualitative data, and sharing out insights that drive the company forward.
- You know best practices only matter if your partners across the company are on board—that’s why you work closely with your product partners to scale strategies that work for everyone.
- You’ve built or supported the adoption of unmoderated testing platforms at your workplace.
Any combination of these qualities would make your application stand out:
- You have an MA/MS or PhD in a related field, like psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, information sciences, sociology, or marketing.
- You’ve worked cross-organizationally at a fast-growing company and understand how research needs to move to stay ahead of the curve.
- You know the ins and outs of different unmoderated testing tools (e.g., UserTesting, UserZoom) and eye-tracking.
- You’ve helped onboard product teams to conduct their own research and/or have conducted unmoderated research at scale.
- You’re comfortable communicating with our user base: startup founders and business professionals.
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile.
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you.
We look forward to hearing from you.