UX Research Operations San Francisco
Put Stripe’s users first.
Research at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We believe that driving the next generation of global businesses requires us to deeply understand the experiences of business owners around the world. We also believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet — and that the opportunities to do so are not equally distributed. To break down these barriers, we’re building infrastructure to enable anyone in the world to start, run, and scale an online business.
There’s so much we still have to learn at Stripe. What is it really like to start and run your own business? What does it mean to invest everything you have into something you really believe in? For us to succeed, we believe, as a company, that we all need to immerse ourselves in our users’ experiences. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of researchers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to help us grow our budding research team in San Francisco. We take pride in empowering user empathy across all of Stripe — doing research that drives the business forward and empowering other functions to connect deeply with users.
Are you itching to build creative solutions for company-wide problems? If so, we can give you the independence and resources to do amazing things at Stripe.
- Lead a company-wide adopt-a-user program connecting product team members directly with users — to our knowledge this is an industry first.
- Build out research participant recruiting tools and processes to help researchers and other Stripes (e.g., PMs, engineers, designers) talk to a representative set of users.
- Craft strategies that will increase company awareness of research projects and insights.
- Track research impact at the company through a biannual employee survey item.
- Keep the research team connected through events and learning & development initiatives.
You may be a fit if:
- You love the word “process” because to you it means “making everything better at scale.”
- You’re a creative, bold, visionary builder—where other people see chaos, you see opportunity.
- You aren’t afraid to propose crazy big ideas, especially when you think they can solve multiple problems at once.
- You understand it’s not just about what you build—it’s also how you communicate—that makes a new initiative successful.
Any combination of these qualities would make your application stand out:
- You’re familiar with operations (a.k.a., program management, project management, producing, or operations) — bonus points if you’ve worked with UX Research before.
- You’re comfortable communicating with our userbase: start-up founders and business professionals.
- You know how to recruit research participants — extra credit if you can talk through inclusion and exclusion criteria for different types of studies (e.g., interviews, surveys, usability tests, focus groups).
- You’ve followed through with big plans of any kind. We’re interested whether the project was for work, your side project, or another organization.
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
We look forward to hearing from you.