User Policy Strategist San Francisco
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. Stripe’s User Policy team defines, implements, and enforces policies around merchant supportability: what businesses can we support on Stripe, why, and how?
The User Policy team manages complex projects designed to create and enforce policies at scale. Our work is highly cross-functional and complex: we balance and execute on many inputs – legal, compliance, financial systems requirements, and Stripe’s own risk appetite – and work with a variety of teams to find and build innovative solutions. We are looking for a User Policy strategist to join our efforts.
As a User Policy strategist, you will join a small and highly impactful team of experts. You will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at the company. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-evolving challenges.
In this role, you will:
- Manage end-to-end projects to develop, write, and implement policies and the supporting procedures
- Scale policy violation monitoring processes to cover a large and complex landscape of users
- Work collaboratively with other teams, including Legal, Engineering, Risk, and our Financial Partnerships teams
- Resolve policy escalations from users and internal stakeholders, with an eye towards systematic improvements
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least 1-3 years of experience in policy development and/or enforcement
- Is highly comfortable handling ambiguity and shifting requirements, including adapting and reacting to industry and regulatory changes
- Is a strong and concise writer and is excited to craft, defend, alter and refine policy definitions
- Is ready to collegially debate the merits of different policy positions and keep a cool head around charged issues
- Is an excellent communicator, adept at working with cross-functional teams to make complex policy concepts clear and understandable to different audiences
- Has a “users first” mindset and is passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive
- Has respect for and interest in financial rules and regulations, as well as an eagerness to innovate in the spirit of those restrictions
We look forward to hearing from you.