User Policy Manager San Francisco
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. Stripe’s User Policy team defines, implements, and enforces policies around merchant supportability: what businesses can we support on Stripe, why, and how?
The User Policy team manages complex projects designed to create and enforce policies at scale. Our work is highly cross-functional and complex: we balance and execute on many inputs – legal, compliance, financial systems requirements, and Stripe’s own risk appetite – and work with a variety of teams to find and build innovative solutions. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead the User Policy team globally.
In this role you will:
- Define and execute on a long-term vision for user supportability to help Stripe and its users grow
- Lead, grow, and manage a team of strategists running complex projects to build and execute on policies at scale.
- Help scale policy violation monitoring processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of users
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online
- Work collaboratively with other teams, including Legal, Engineering, Risk, and our Financial Partnerships teams resolve policy escalations from users and internal stakeholders, with an eye towards systematic improvements
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 5-7 years of experience in building and leading a policy development and/or enforcement team
- Has demonstrated skill in and enthusiasm for fast-paced, constantly evolving environments
- Can set and maintain a strategic vision for the team, while also reacting to new external inputs or internal shifts.
- Is highly comfortable handling ambiguity and shifting requirements, including adapting and reacting to industry and governmental changes
- Has excellent influencing and cross-functional skills; is calm under pressure with a demonstrated ability to pushback on policy questions internally and externally.
- Is analytical and objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decision making; is a creative problem solver.
- Has experience recruiting, developing, and managing diverse and high-performing policy teams
- Has strong technical and project management skills and interest in developing team’s capabilities in this area
- Has strong collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across organizations and borders
We look forward to hearing from you.