User Operations Manager Singapore
Stripe is looking for an effective and motivated User Operations Manager to help grow the User Operations Global Markets team and manage a group of up to 8 team members working on email, phone and chat support. The User Operations Manager cultivates the happiness of their team members while guiding them to be the best they can be, through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals. The User Operations Manager is also responsible for managing some operational projects on a larger scale.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. User Operations team members collaborate from across the continental US, Ireland, Japan and Singapore. We aim to delight users with friendly and helpful support, gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Stripe is looking for a User Operations manager to help grow and expand the Irish and Singaporean Global Markets teams operationally. This will involve managing a group of up to 8 team members working on email, phone or chat support, acting as thought leader on support to cross-functional colleagues, and managing operational projects on a larger global scale.
The User Operations manager cultivates the happiness of their team members while guiding them to be the best they can be, through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance as a key player within the User Ops team.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance.
- Maintain metrics and analysis of team performance, and provide regular reporting on team performance in the form of written analysis and performance reports.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Maintain operational upkeep necessary for the team, including things like scheduling, maintaining time-keeping records, sick leave and vacation time, immigration assistance, etc.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- At least 1-3 years of direct people management experience.
- A keen interest in pursuing people-management as a vocation, and some degree of experience and comfort with this specialized discipline.
- A lucid, well-formed communication style (either on the phone or in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders; i.e. project management and collaboration skills.
- An urge to measure and document the work of their team creatively, and leverage this data to improve the work lives and effectiveness of their team members.
- Great operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user operations team, with a high bar for quality of same, and a willingness to lead by example and participate in the work where necessary.
- Experience on a user-support team. (Especially one in a high-growth technology company.)
- Experience managing a team doing either email support or phone support or both.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and cover letter.
- Description of why you want to work in this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.