US Regulatory Counsel San Francisco
Help us grow our legal team!
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow. We work on some of the hardest technical, commercial, and regulatory problems around and were looking for a great lawyer to join our expanding regulatory team.
In this role you will work with talented people throughout the company to help Stripe grow in a manner that complies with financial services, payments, AML/CFT, and other regulations that apply to Stripe at federal and state level. You will deal with a diverse set of issues that straddle payments and technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and excited about Stripes mission of helping businesses grow and thrive online. Were looking for a team player with a sense of humor, who enjoys solving complex problems.
In this role you will:
- Serve as one of Stripes primary regulatory lawyers, advising on a wide range of federal and state regulatory issues.
- Counsel Stripe’s business and product teams on the application of state and federal laws and regulations, helping us create products that meet our obligations as well as the needs of our customers.
- Represent Stripe on a variety of regulatory topics before state and federal agencies, banking partners and other external audiences.
The person we would like to hire for this role should have:
- Significant experience practicing as a financial services regulatory lawyer, with specific experience applying money transmitter statutes, the BSA, as well as FinCEN, OFAC, and similar regulations.
- Experience working in a major financial institution, state or federal financial services regulatory enforcement agency, or in a sophisticated financial services regulatory practice within a major law firm.
You will also be:
- An exceptional lawyer, with strong project management skills, capable of working under tight deadlines.
- Decisive, with excellent judgment, and adept at making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A terrific communicator (written and verbal), with an ability to make complex regulatory concepts clear to business teams, engineers, lawyers, and regulators.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.