US Outbound Sales Manager Chicago
As an Outbound Sales Manager at Stripe, you will drive Stripe’s future growth engine by working with the Account Executive team to build Stripe’s sales pipeline. As a sales manager, you’ll lead and coach high-performing teams, helping them deliver on ambitious targets, as well as roll up your sleeves to work directly with the team. We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, and solving problems with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have management experience scaling a technology outbound sales team and superior communication skills.
We take a data-driven, analytical approach to outbound sales, and are looking for someone who enjoys building – who will actively participate in the development of the outbound sales process, the articulation of Stripe’s value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets to measure success. Stripe is not a typical company, and this is not a typical outbound sales function. If you’re hungry, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Recruit, train and lead a team of sales professionals.
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations.
- Be accountable for increasing sales pipeline and new client acquisition.
- Coach, mentor and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based outbound sales skills including: campaign strategy, outbound execution, and nurturing interest to opportunities.
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape Stripe’s solutions to meet client needs.
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development to promote career growth of direct reports.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading outbound sales and operations in an early stage, high-growth technology environment.
- Proven track record of high performance in a pipeline generating or closing role
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team.
- Ability to build relationships with strategic client and industry thought leaders.
- Demonstrated passion for start-ups and new technology businesses.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and build great relationships with highly technical customers.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Prior experience in enterprise sales.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
We look forward to hearing from you.