UI Designer San Francisco
Design at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We think that building an internet business is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. We also believe that there are far too many barriers to doing business on the internet and that the opportunities to do it are not equally distributed throughout the world. To break down those barriers and make the opportunities available to anyone, we’re designing the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling an online business—from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) team in San Francisco.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Work on the visual design across multiple Stripe products, on the web and mobile
- Sometimes translate wireframes to final designs, and sometimes solve a design problem end-to-end
- Help engineers and product managers define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Work closely with other designers to develop and expand product design systems
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and project teams
- Consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to business model, when designing
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products.
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Are an expert in visual design, but skilled in multiple disciplines across product design
- Are a systems-thinking and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Stripe
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
We look forward to hearing from you.