Treasury San Francisco
Help Stripe build out a world class Treasury team!
At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We fulfill our mission of growing the online economy by empowering our users to move money to and from their own user constituents, and to understand and optimize these flows. In this way, treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product; in order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own Treasury capabilities must be excellent.
To that end, Stripe is building a world class Treasury team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with our Treasury engineering and Financial infrastructure engineering teams to build great systems. And we work closely with our product and finance teams to shape our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced treasury professional to join our fast growing team and help us build our integrated financial systems, work with business partners, financial partners, and our world-class engineers. You will help define and develop a robust Treasury organization within a fast-paced environment at a growing, global company.
- Size and manage the firm’s liquidity requirements and funding strategy.
- Measure and mitigate the firm’s foreign currency exposures.
- Design and implement liquidity and currency stress testing models.
- Develop risk management metrics to monitor and manage liquidity risks.
- Establish a legal entity funding framework as we expand into new markets.
- Analyze new products to assess their liquidity risk profile and funding requirements.
- Work with Stripe’s Financial Infrastructure and Banking teams to manage and optimize our cash cycle.
- Develop and implement liquidity and risk management policies, procedures, and controls.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in our cash management processes (e.g., Money - Transmission Licensing compliance).
- Design fully automated systems to support our 25+ countries and 130+ currencies.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of Treasury and its related systems and processes.
- The ability to work with and synthesize extremely large data sets.
- A deep understanding of financial and operational controls.
- An inclination to solve problems systemically via infrastructure and automation.
- Flexibility with changing requirements in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Comfort working with engineers and non-finance technical partners across Stripe.
- Strong communication skills and a track record of building and leveraging cross-functional relationships.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Knowledge of (or experience in) regulations that pertain to the payments and financial services industry.
- Experience with SQL, R, or equivalent.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.