Technical Program Manager, Security San Francisco
Drive a broad set of cross-functional security initiatives at Stripe.
The Security Team builds, operates, and specifies the systems, policies and infrastructure that enable Stripe to achieve its security and privacy goal of being world-class, while maintaining a focus on leverage.
To that end, we are looking for a technical program manager to help drive this team’s broad set of cross-organizational initiatives, while providing visibility into projects for stakeholders and increasing the team’s efficiency through collaboration, tooling, and thoughtful rollouts.
- Effectively partner with multiple teams across engineering with varying sets of priorities and constraints
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Help the Security team in achieving a high level of productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Enable processes and tools to clearly communicate project requirements, required resources, and roadblocks
- Identify bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and ensure accountability to all stakeholders
- Consistently evaluate technical interdependencies and trade-offs related to both project decisions and Stripe
You may be a good fit if:
- You have successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You have a deep understanding of the entire project lifecycle
- You are technical, and leverage your technical expertise to help prioritize
- You are a clear and persuasive writer and speaker
- You are excited about collaborating with a variety of teams across Stripe, including our Executive, Engineering, Analytics, and Legal teams.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.#LI-CW1
We look forward to hearing from you.