Technical Program Manager, Payments Infrastructure San Francisco
As a technical program manager, you will be responsible for driving the technical future of Stripe’s products, applications, and infrastructure, leading cross-functional initiatives, which span the breadth of engineering. You will be responsible for major product and infrastructure initiatives with the highest degree of complexity. Your impact is felt across the company. You are an active contributor to the company’s overall strategy, and identify alignment gaps across Stripe’s product portfolio. You spend a significant proportion of your time developing the capabilities of the team as a whole.
Who you are:
- You drive functional and technical delivery of key team-, org-, and company-wide initiatives.
- You have proficiency in working with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features.
- You have the ability to create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps.
- You have the capacity to own and execute multiple infrastructure software engineering programs simultaneously.
- You help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- You have the power to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity.
- You have a history of developing and managing end-to-end project plans and ensuring on-time delivery.
- You guide and manage the leverage of agile methodologies to simplify project delivery
- You partner well with all stakeholders in a program and steer execution from concept to ship
- You have a passion for driving internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- You identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and manage the building of automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Consistent track record of shipping products with broad customer impact
- Expert with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams
- Hands-on development experience with highly-available, scalable software and services
- In-depth knowledge of software products, services, applications
- Strong analytic and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve systemic issues
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships, and collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and/or experience writing code
- 4 years of software development, data center, operations, or computing infrastructure-related experience, including experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Focused and agile under pressure.
To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the items above. Let us know if you have any questions!